Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-14-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
so now that the thread has run it's course can we hear who the dealer is so we all know not to associate with them?
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-15-2008, 5:52 AM Reply   
UPDATE: I have bought a boat! I talked with the GM half a dozen times on Monday about the situation and he completely understood my view. From the info he told me the GM they fired was selling boats just to move them even if that meant the company was taking less than the cost they had to pay from the factory. I started this thread not to bash the dealer but to get info from others about the situation. Honestly, I only have great things to say about the dealer and I would do business with them again. The GM was very polite and I honestly believe he was trying everything he could to fix the situation. I understood their point and everyone makes mistakes. In the end we discussed how to get this issue resolved and we shot around some numbers and agreed on a price for the boat. It was not the price agreed upon before but it was a price we could both live with and also have a great relationship with in the future. I thank everyone for the input!!!!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2008, 5:56 AM Reply   
..........glad it all worked out for you..........now did you show us pics yet?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2008, 5:58 AM Reply   
Where are the pics?
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
Glad it worked out. Pics?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-15-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
Nice to hear it worked out. Picture time
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-15-2008, 7:39 AM Reply   
Congrats Eric bet you're pretty relieved.
Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-15-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
Congrats Eric.. Let's see some pics now.. I bet you still got a hell of a deal...
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-15-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
good deal man. I'm sure you still got a good deal even paying a little more.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-15-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
Pics will be coming very soon....Thanks
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-15-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
Picking up the boat this weekend...should have pics then...very excited and cant wait til it gets warmer....My dream boat is a BU and I am on cloud 9 now that I actually own one! I can't say enough great things about the GM for making this happen. I am excited as hell to be part of the BU family!!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-15-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
Thats what Malibu dealers are known for. It's good that you guys had a sit down and talked about it like reasonable business men. There is always an amicable solution to be had. Congrats. I am so jealous!!
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-16-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
Looking back on this carefully I think that we where all just takin for a ride. SET UP to think that there really was a problem to make BU look good. No defintitive answers to whom the dealer was. Then has friends add to the content to make it look like there was a problem.

Many requests where asked for witch no answers where given and NO proof. This has happened on this site before where the folks where caught. I hope that I am wrong...just prove it!!!
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-16-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
Come on man....

Maybe he wasn't completely ready to throw the dealer under the bus. He was asking for opinions, so maybe those were his first steps. How does it make Malibu look good? It sounds like they had nothing to do with it. I think it's legit. IMO

(Message edited by cbk on January 16, 2008)
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-16-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
WOW and the boat you own is? Another MC owner stirring the pot. How sad. Yes I own a BU
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-16-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
TK's grasping for straws, nice. What other conspiracy theories do you have TK.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
Prove what? I don't have to prove anything. Everything I said was the facts and I was asking for opinions and advice. I have never bought a boat from a dealer and wanted some advice from others on the situation. I never mentioned the dealer because that was not the point. The point was the situation and how to work it out. In the end I took some advice from others and I worked out a deal for the boat of my dreams.
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-16-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
Eric, I know the dealership you have been talking about. From what I understand the they had some serious problems with the previous GM that you made a deal with. The new GM is supposed to be a pretty good guy but has come in to a mess. I am glad they worked it out. TK he does not have to prove anything. I have never met Eric and live in another state and know he is telling the truth. Besides it has nothing to do with Malibu, it is the dealership. It could have just as easily been a MC dealer. Oh wait,they don't make mistakes. I am glad it all worked out Eric.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
Thanks EF3529. The new GM is a great guy. I agree he has come into a mess but he was very courteous to me and he did a heck of a job to try to fix this problem. I will meet him this weekend when I pick up the boat and a big thanks will go to him cause he was a pleasure to work with on fixing this situation.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-16-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
Conspiracy, I dought it. I offered the first bit of advice here. It has nothing to do with boat owned. If it worked out then great for you. You have nothing to be ashamed of because you did nothing wrong, I apologize if I was wrong, if I was'nt well then...

Looking from the outside when folks asked for stuff there was no delivery at all.

Glad that you where able to work it out.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-16-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
...eric has been posting his wanting to sell his moomba for a while....and stating his desire to purchase a malibu..................it would be quite the set up done over months if you have seen some of his previous posts.......extremely unlikely....plus you could make a company look better than this.......

peace and out....

Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-16-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
congrats, sorry to hear about all the drama