Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    strait_trippin_wakesurfboards            08-27-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
Anybody surf behind a properly weighted X-star?
I am hoping this v-drive (2001) will be as good as an MB V23 or a Centurian. I will be taking ballast for the test drive.
Jim
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-27-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
our X1 (same hull as a 2001 xstar) throws an exceptional port wave with just stock center and port rear ballast, with about 3 passengers. But drop the rubrail in the water with 7 passengers on that side and you will be amazed with the wake!

We recently also surfed the starboard side for the first time, and although we expected the wave to be washed out it was just as clean and large as the port side, with again just stock ballast and 3 passengers. The only thing that was difficult was getting everybody on the starboard side due to the lack of seating.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-27-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
Jim, You should post a picture of the surfboard you made on line here. I think everyone would like to see it.
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       08-27-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
We have a 2002 x-star/2/1 and I would suggest replacing the two stock tanks with the pro x 750's. Fill whichever side you are surfing on and put another 580 on the side seat with the center tank full and you have a pretty good wave. Add another 400 lb. in pop bags up and down the port side with 120 of it in the nose and perfect pass at 10.7-11.

For the starboard side, same set up with the exception sitting the 580 on top of a 150 between the drivers seat and the rear seat and that side is good to go also at 10.5-10.7
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-27-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
I surfed my friends 02 Xstar and it was AMAZING! He's upgraded all the ballast, I think 700lb fat buddies on each side and I think a 900lb front sack. We didn't have enough day light left to really play with the wake, but at about 9.5 on the PP it was very surfable, huge curl and a perfect lip.
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-27-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
Found a pic of my surfin my roommates Xstar, so here ya go:

Upload