Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-05-2003, 5:45 AM Reply   
can you help me with the difference in the continuous rocker and the 3-stage? what is rocker anyways. i know this is a newb question but im confused to what to difference is. also which one gives you more pop?
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-05-2003, 6:41 AM Reply   
Rocker is the curve of the board from tip to tail. A continuous rocker is a constant curve from tip to tail. The rocker is continuous over the entire board. A 3-stage rocker has a flat spot in the middle of the board.

3-stage rocker typically has more pop, but the continuous rocker is thought to be more consistent.

Also the continuous rocker should provide a bit of a softer landing because it displaces water a little more efficiently.

Keep in mind that there are other factors that play a part in the pop of a board and the landing.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-05-2003, 6:44 AM Reply   
Rocker is the curvature of the board. If you set it on the ground you can see the amount of rocker it has by how much the tip and tail sit off the ground. Continuous is a continuous curved flow whereas a 3 stage has more of an abrupt curve.

A continuous rocker board has a smoother, more predictable pop while the 3 stage has a more bucking, unpredictable pop. As a beginner it's usually good to be on a continuous rocker board and once you get better you can demo both types to see which one works for you. I have come to like a three stage board because I try to ride w2w as much as possible while getting the most height possible. If I were a person who did a lot of moves into the flats I would probably prefer a continuous.

Makes sense?
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-05-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
i really appriciate the help, thanks