Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-23-2005, 11:34 AM Reply   
I'm about to move into a new home and the garage driveway is steep enough that I can't get my trailer up it without tearing into the concrete pretty bad. I called the manufacturer and they want to hold the boat for 5 weeks and I'm not willing to do that. I have seen rollers for a DHM trailer, but I don't know if they would work on my trailer. Anybody have any ideas on prop guard rollers for a Sport Boat trailer?
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-23-2005, 12:19 PM Reply   
I have a steep driveway. Here is a shot of the boat with the prop guard rollers pulling out of my driveway. I back the boat up when I put it away. I had these custom made on a Pacific trailer. They work very well.

Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-23-2005, 1:25 PM Reply   
I currently have a DHM trailer with the prop guard wheels, but have taken previous trailers I've owned and had them add the wheels to those. They can add them to about any trailer.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-23-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
Thanks Tom. I guess it's worth a shot. They are a sort of expensive, but if it works I'll be happy.
Old     (kfcflores)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
where can you get these, and can you install them yourself?? how much is sort of expensive??
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-24-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
http://www.hamiltoncaster.com/Default.asp

Check some of these out.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       05-24-2005, 3:19 PM Reply   
I just took my trailer to a local trailer shop and they welded the wheels on for me.

Did it for my buddies DHM trailer too. Get the plastic / urathane wheels, not the metal ones.

Works great.
Old    bigdeal            05-24-2005, 8:36 PM Reply   
If you hit DHM trailers website they sell a complete prop guard wheel kit. Buy it and have your favorite welder put the kit in place on your trailer and you're good to go.

Mike