Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-20-2008, 6:20 AM Reply   
I've got two amps mounted to the side of the boat behind the passenger seat (06 21V) with a piece of plexi glass protecting them from junk. The plexi is only covering one side, with the top and sides exposed (to let air in). However, I have an issue with one of the amps getting hot and shutting itself down. Was thinking of just putting another blower to pull air in from the port side vent. This might be to loud though. What does every one else do?
Old     (flamike)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-20-2008, 6:52 AM Reply   
Go to a radio shack and get one (or two depending on the size of the amp) computer cooling fans. Take your front cover off, dremil out a hole big enough to fit the fan in the just hook the power and ground wires to the remote and ground on the amp. Works wonders, havent had mine overheat since.

(Message edited by flamike on June 20, 2008)
Old     (jason_b)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-20-2008, 6:55 AM Reply   
those fans can be had on ebay for pennies
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-20-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
I'm using the stinger roll cage? fans. They look alot beter and are low profile. A little pricey ( $20/per fan) but seem to work better in installations. They move alot of air too.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-20-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Good call everyone!
Old     (bp909)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-20-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
Test the fan and make sure there is no interference prior to install. Sounds like a good idea. I would hate for you to have a buzzing sound due to the fan interference.
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-20-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
I had an over heating problem with my amps with them mounted on the wall in the hatch. All I had to do was put a 3/4" spacer between the amp and the wall and that solved my problem. I also have a cover over my amps to protect them.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-20-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
I don't need no fans to cool my amps I just use my super breath.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-21-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
You may fry your amp turn on by running a fan as well as turning on multiple amps. You should use the amp turn on from the head unit to switch a relay that puts 12vdc on everything that needs to be turned on.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-21-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
I haven't had any issues with my amps overheating yet but that could be a different story come August