Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-11-2008, 1:17 AM Reply   
If we have the opportunity to have a top pro rider contribute content to WakeWorld, what kind of articles/contributions would you want to see. In the past we've done the standard question and answer sessions, but I wanted to get some input on any different ideas you might have. Thanks for your input!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-11-2008, 2:27 AM Reply   
Have him/her autograph a $100 bill, put it into an envelope and mail it to me. Thank you -
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-11-2008, 5:50 AM Reply   
Maybe you could create a section for people to post up vids of tricks (via WP) they are having difficulty with. The pro rider could critique the vid and provide feedback on how the contributor could correct their form. I've always thought that would be a great idea.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-11-2008, 5:57 AM Reply   
I'd like to hear and learn about the differences and customization available to a pro when it comes to their gear; especially their board. If they are allowed to talk about this sort of thing, I'd like to hear about what the manufacturers allow them to do, and the special versions of the boards they ride regularly, and maybe some insight into the process.

Insider stuff like this would be great.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on February 11, 2008)
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-11-2008, 6:03 AM Reply   
I always like Murray's posts like "traveling to Kelonwa" or updates from a film trip.

What goes into designing a new Pro model board. How much input, how many prototypes it takes etc. The story about JD's B-Side I thought was intrusting

What's it like traveling overseas? Some good story's there I would bet.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-11-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
I would like to know what they are working on, everyone is working on something, it would be interesting to see the trick the pros are working on and the direction they want to take wakeboarding.

(Message edited by andy_nintzel on February 11, 2008)
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-11-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
I always like to know how they ride their boat(boat speed, rope length, ballast, etc), and how they set up their boards (stance width, foot angle, etc.) and reasons for doing so.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-11-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
In addition to what I posted - I agree with Andy and Clay. I'm interested in really rote stuff - what they are working on week to week, honest details about their ballast, speed and line setup. Things that a pro may think is boring but we all see as tremendous insight into what is going on in the sport. It gets past marketing and hype. This is why people like the 'lifestyle' portions of videos so much.
Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-11-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Like Erik, Andy, and Clay's thoughts.

General and specific insights into their routines...on the water and off the water.

How they warm-up, practice, develop...etc.
What are the hardest tricks, what's next?

How do they perfect a trick or envision a new one or new way of doing one? Is it on the water, spontaneous, do they dream of it?

How do they have the body recall to execute all those tricks? Do they have a list and go through it each set?

What off-water and on-water training exercises have they found effective/useful?

If they had issues they WANTED to speak about or felt they could offer more than just a response to pre-arranged questions, I'd like to see that. An issue they WANT to talk about (and/or prepared to talk about) will probably be better discussed than the alternative.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-11-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
No format at all, let them write what they want to write about.

Just give them the line, and let em ride.
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-11-2008, 1:16 PM Reply   
Ya maybe like a whats in my bag in a golf magazine. I dont know what to call it, but his boat set up his weight, speed, music... etc . Board setup length of rope, any kind of lil pointers for his own lil flare, (secret tricks). Just an idea
Maybe call it...When I ride.
Old     (wakeboarder843)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-11-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
Id like to see someone write about the process of how they got started in the industry to how they became a pro
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-11-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
Tell me something that I'd be interested in listening to, and tell it to me from a perspective that I haven't heard it from before. Obviously pro's live a very different lifestyle than many of us so I think it'd be great to read their opinions on the current state of the things in the same way that Jeff McKee does with Alliance. Jeff's stuff is well written and provides good insight without being too preachy. I'd be stoked if there were more pro-level guys who took the time to write stuff like this. And then at the end of the article let the rider give a shout out as you do with the rest of the rider-oriented articles. This is where I'd personally prefer to see all the "rider's setups" since I'm more interested in hearing what they have to say instead of what boat they rode behind yesterday.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-11-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
One thing that I would like to see, is a look of what happen's in their lives outside of wakeboarding. Like i know Ben Greenwood bowls, and Harf/Rusty golf; just stuff like that. We only hear about them behind a boat, i'd like to hear about the other side.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-11-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
I like Zane's musings on life in general.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-11-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
A pro (and anyone else Dave deems worthy) blog section on WW.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-11-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
I have one word for you...

haiku

Come to think of it limericks might be kinda fun, too. Extra points for haiku though because they are more difficult. I would have suggested iambic pentameter but I'm guessing it would be a stretch for most pros (except maybe Murray or Randall).