Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-24-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
could a (thin) plate be made so that other mfr's bindings work on 07 slingshot boards? i already have in mind how this could work. on the center of the plate, 4 screws (A) would hold the plate down onto the board. on the sides where other brands would normally screw down, there would be stationary screws (B) that come up from the mounting plate into through the binding plate holes. essentially, you would place the binding plates over the screws, then there would be some sort of wing nuts to tighten the binding down onto the mounting plate.

too complicated? i think it's possible and could be cheap.

something similar to this?

Upload
Old     (pimp131)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-24-2007, 4:49 PM Reply   
Not having seen a slingshot board I dont know how accurate i can be. Overall the idea "should" work. The only problem i can see from joe's kindergarten drawing is that you would need several more B holes.

Basically...

(4) screws which lock the plate into the slingshot board
(2) treaded through screws coming from the bottom up (might want to make a recessed hole for them to not damage the board) for each main manufacture of bindings. aka 2 holes for where lf plates would sit, 2 holes for where ronix plates would set, 2 holes for where the claw would have to sit) then ud have wing nuts or something to tighten them down.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-24-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
yes that would work. why though??? they fixed the issue for 08.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-24-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
what about those w/ 07s? like me!
Old     (iukekini)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-25-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Joe, there is a transition plate for 07 boots that will allow them to be mounted to the standard wakeboard pattern. PM me if you would like a pair.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-25-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
joe is going the other way JM.

Joe, I was thinking people with 07 boards wouldnt have got the board if they werent planning to ride it with slingshot bindings.
Old     (iukekini)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-25-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
oh my bad. I guess I should read things a little closer before I post.

You could make a plate like that and if you were just making one for yourself and not for production you would only need one B hole at the angle you like your boots to be at.

But if you really want to do it just drill a couple holes in the board and mount your own inserts. That way your bindings aren't sitting any higher off the board. drill a small pilot hole the width of the insert down through the board and then drill a wider hole up through the bottom to mount the insert and then seal it all with some epoxy.

I wouldn't recommend anyone do this nor would I ever suggest that anyone should but it is something that is possible to do. And it would void the warranty.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-25-2007, 10:29 AM Reply   
Ha, I was thinking the same thing the other day. I love my Recoil & my Transits........