Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-03-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
I finally decided not to be lazy and to go and take some pictures of the boat. It is a (as you probably guessed from the title) 2001 Super Air Nautique, and is Liquid Force's old team boat. Since we've had it we've removed all the decals, re-powdercoated the toawer and windshield frame to match the hull, added a bimini (not pictured), reupholstered the back seats since they were thrashed, upgraded the sound system and added tower speakers, upgraded the board racks and poweder coated the speakers and racks black, and added freshwater cooling. We've also managed to destroy the heater core, disconnect the horn, cut the depth finder wire that made it beep (it was going insane, and we needed a quick solution), and screw up the Perfect Pass speedometer, while the regular speedometer never even worked. In the near future I'm planning on upgrading the speedometer and tachometer to new analog Faria gauges, fix the ballast pumps, get some custom painted on graphics, and install a CMD-4 into the gaping hole where the XMD-1 used to be. I have the CMD-4 already, we just need to do a little fabrication to get it to fit. Enough talk though, here are the pictures.

boat1
boat2
boat3
boat4
boat5
boat6
boat7
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-03-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
Sounds like the liquid force guys were kinda hard on it. It is good to see that you are fixing it up. I really like that it is one solid color. Nice boat that will even be better when you are done.
Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-03-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
They were hard on it, but we are pretty hard also. We ride almost exclusively in salt water, and have been doing so for coming up on three years now.
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-11-2006, 5:27 AM Reply   
Zach, what kind of tower speakers are those?
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-11-2006, 6:29 AM Reply   
they look like titan's
Old    abadsvt            07-11-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
Why salt water? Wouldn't you get nicer water at the lake or is it all about the large waves to jump off? Nice boat!
Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-11-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
Why salt water? Simply because it is close, and if you clean the boat meticuously you can prevent damage. The nearest lake for us is San V, and between my brother's and my work schedules, trying to arrange a day at the lake where we could actually get some riding in is damn near impossible. At the bay we get to ride in a course almost by ourselves, with a nice dock to chill on.

And yeah, they are Alpha II's.