Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    raygt13            10-12-2005, 4:07 PM Reply   
i can get any board i want
i want THE BEST of THE best Setup wut should i go with
Bverly w/ cwb zeus bindings 06'

ANy suggestions
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-12-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
First of all there is no such thing as THE BEST OF THE BEST.

What you are asking is subjective. What works for you may not work for the next guy. So get out there and demo some boards. If you don't have a local shop that has a demo program then get out there and ride some friends boards, and figure out what you like and dis-like about the board you've just ridden, then use that info when making your next purchase.

With that being said, if you want good advise from the people on this board, give them something to work with such as: our ability level, the tricks your doing, your ridding style, if your looking for a continuous or a three-stage rocker, what boat you ride behind etc. This info will help us help you.

Good luck...Remember if you support the local shops they will support you.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-12-2005, 5:10 PM Reply   
Hey Ray, opinions are like A-holes we all have one. This is especially true in board selection. Here's how you go about finding the best one for YOU.

1. Visit the Board Guide on this site, read reviews and get familiar with the designs.

2. Use the Search bottom above & to the right to look up what others have said about the boards you are interested in. Also learn about what design features do to the ride characteristic.

3. Demo, demo, demo. This is the only way to determine if a shape will work for you.

4. Make an educated decision specific to you and how you ride.

5. Buy a CWB Absolute Platinum with Zeus boots. Because its the bestest in the Westest and Byerly sucks donkey balls by comparison.

6. Stay in school, don't do drugs and thank your parents for supporting the habit. Peace.

(Message edited by stephan on October 12, 2005)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-12-2005, 5:14 PM Reply   
I tried to write "Button" & wrote "bottom" hehe my mind is focused on the bum. hehe not very funny, hehe. Shawn I miss you, we might be getting a new VLX in the household.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-12-2005, 5:14 PM Reply   
the best of the best for me = 06 cwb marius w/ 05 liquid force team bindings

the best of the best for you? no one here knows but you. no one here can tell you what is best for you. the only way for you to know is to demo.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-12-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
Hey Joe, your almost the best of the best, just need to get the right bindings. I'm sure Bates could fix you up with something.

Anyway Joe and Heavy are right, its what works for you, so go Demo til you find it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-12-2005, 6:24 PM Reply   
gordie, haha! i'm supposed to be gettin' a pair soon. we'll see then if it's the best for me.
Old    raygt13            10-12-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
im prob getting the new super air natique 220 = BIG azz wake and im an inter/advanced boarder i want a board with POP
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-12-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
in case you missed it...

quote:

3. Demo, demo, demo. This is the only way to determine if a shape will work for you.

quote:

the best of the best for you? no one here knows but you. no one here can tell you what is best for you. the only way for you to know is to demo.

Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-12-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
Ray: the Byerly is a love/hate board...i love it....it gives such an agressive kick off the wake but it can feel out of control at 1st....try it for yourself because alot of ppl on this site hate the 04/05/06 byerly on this site and they like to make it clear what they think of it...