Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-11-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
I have had this cooler for 3 years and its still like brand new. I love it. Its the best cooler I have ever come across It keeps Ice for day's and the lid is super strong works great as a step/dance pad
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
I need to get a cooler for the new pontoon boat and decided to get the same one as I got before.
I guess Icy-tech is No more.
http://www.yeticoolers.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4
is the new company. It looks like they have added a rubber d ring to help seal the lid and some other nick nack's.
if your in the market for a cooler look no further.
This was from 3 years ago when I first got it
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/180097.html
Old    bocephus            07-11-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Ya, that looks like a good one...But for 3-4 the money you can get an Engel 43 QT and a lot of room and still have about the same cooling capicity that will keep things cool for years, not days...

They are outback tested too!

http://www.pangaea-expeditions.com/engel/

Upload
Upload

It only draws 0.7 and 3.1 amps! Nothing like icecream in boat during the 115 degree Arizona Sun!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-11-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
G,

I know your a bit eccentric, but when a guy talks this fondly of a cooler, I have to wonder what sorta sick under lying story is attached.

Bocephus,

We have some custom wrapped "No Fear" Engles at work. They've been using them at events this summer, and they're getting positive feedback from the Marketing folks.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-11-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
"G"

The Yetti's are awesome coolers. I met up w/ the owner this year, as I was on my way to TX for a deer hunt on the King Ranch. He stayed after hours waiting on me to drive through, just to show me his coolers. There wasn't a dealer in my area, so he was willing to help out. Expensive, but they keep ice for days. Cabelas have their version of it (the outfitter series), but it is still made by Yetti.

I use mine to transport meat back, but hey, if it works on meat, I'm sure it'll work for beer! Although the beer, MIGHT just be a bit more tempermental ;).
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-11-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
Bo: That think will keep Ice Cream? Thats pretty un believable. Are you saying it draws between 0.3 and 0.7 amp's that pretty low. But when you think about it that thing has to be on all the time drawing that current to keep its temp low. It is a great Idea. Ill look into one as a fridge for the pontoon boat. I cant see how that thing would compete with the storage and how cold the Icey-Tec keeps drink's My cooler keeps drinks Ice cold for day's You get used to how cold beer should be drinking from this cooler. You go to the bar and its not nearly as cold "No bueno".
Cliff I cant expect you to understand. Dont you drink your beer's surrounded by a brown paper bag
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-11-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
gawd d@mn I love Corona!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-11-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
I remember back in the day when "whitechocolate" gave us all the tip about the dyson vacuum.!!!!! Grant is always a step ahead.
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-12-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
i have had an icey tek for a few years and would never buy another cooler. (probably won't ever need one) now about 4 of my friends have bought them after seeing how good they are. very durable, well built, and keeps ice longer than any other cooler i have used. the yeti is the same thing, i heard they had to change the name because of a trademark or something. spendy but well worth it if you like your beer cold and don't want to have to buy a new cooler every year.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
From the title and the author I'd have figured the icey tech would have had a lcd inside the cover? Also some neon or leds hittin that ice at night would look great.
Old     (rrbooker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-12-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
I just picked up the 25qt. I guess I can't drink as much as you!

Upload

(Message edited by rrbooker on July 12, 2007)
Old    bocephus            07-12-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
It will freeze your beers solid if you want, well Corona's only half of them will freeze for some reason (why does that happen anyhow?) It will freeze water or whatever. Engel is the real deal!

The latest model, the tri-voltage "F" series has the advantage of 12 volt, 24 volt and 240 volt operation built into the unit as well as automatic AC/DC changeover. Add to this the capability of being able to run from a quality AC generator or from a solar panel through a battery Engel keeps getting better.

Check them out!

Engel Fridge/Freezer
Old    bocephus            07-12-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
BTW Grant,
I don't see you just buying a Engel Fridge/Freezer and plugging it in and Engel is well prepared for people like you!

Here you go...

Build Your Own Engel

And an another

or

Bling it out with Stainless Steel
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-12-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
for 1300 dollars i can buy a hella lot of beer and ice...i think i will keep my 25 dollar thermos cooler..seems crazy to me to spend more than 50 bucks...
Old    bocephus            07-12-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
Ryan,
Put it this way, I never have to deal with ice again. I can have ice cream on the boat in the car, etc.. I can go camping and fourwheeling for weeks and always have cold stuff. Heck, it even runs off my solar panels.

Things are a little different here in the desert than they are in Ohio! I think yesterday was our 15th day above 115 here in AZ. It's bloody hot! You need oven mitts to drive your car sometimes.

AZ Weather!

A cooler is great, but I spend more time out camping, hiking, fishing, fourwheeling, caving, etc..than I ever did when I lived IL. In IL and I assume Ohio you don't have all the public land to go out and play on. I hate nothing more than soggy hash browns and spoiled bacon and eggs! My dad has had his Engel for 20 years! If you spend $5.00 a weekend on ice for 26 weeks out of the year that's $130.00 Now do that for 20 years and you have spent $2,600.00 on ice and I go every weekend and would spend more like $10 to $20 on ice per weekend, so my Engel replaces the $15,600 I would spend on just ice ($15.00 x 52 weeks x 20 years)!!

Here is a twenty year old Engel Fridge/Freezer:
Upload

Different strokes for different folks though!
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-12-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
id love to have a week of 100 + degree wetaher...sure it gets old quick ....never added it up like that..pretty good info