Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-08-2005, 3:36 PM Reply   
Grant ~ So are you making room for my x-2 in your garage at the end of summer?!
Old    whitechocolate            04-09-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
Big Ed: If you can make room in you wallet for my install I can sertanly make room for your MC im my Garage.

"No job is to big "
"No paycheck is to large"

LOL

ED if you wanna rock it Ill make it happen. Start Saving $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old     (bigasswake)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-09-2005, 11:26 PM Reply   
How bout you come do to texas and do my VLX. I need the super bling Grant. You do the audio I'll do the rest = Best boat in Texas

I'll even pay for room and board and. Sorry but my house is kind of a *hit hole. but Ive got three garages that we can work out of.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-10-2005, 8:06 AM Reply   
Grant ~ Remember???I'm a baller!!I allready got it covered homie.
Old    bigdtx            04-10-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
That battery box is awesome. Too late now but some billet battery clamps would look cool in there...

http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/details.asp?SubCategoryID=238&CategoryID=6
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
So what is going on the tower?
Old    whitechocolate            04-11-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
Hey Guys I have been working like crazy on J's boat. Its all powerd up. And hittn hard. The 2 W-7's pointed right at you and hitting is a feeling I just cant describe. Clean hard hitting bass that brings a huge smile to my face. J's comming over tonight to give it a listen, I cant wait to see the look on his face. His boat should be finished by this weekend. Ill snap some more photo's soon.

Big Ed: If you still dont have beats by next year I will be suprised and ready to hook it up no problem.

Neil: I would love to come to Texas and work on a project with you, Im sure we could come up with some off the hook install. Yes your hous looks like a shantie, but I could live with it for the sake of Beats.

Jeff: Thats a good question, I wish I knew, Ya see Jason dosent have anything picked out yett!

Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-12-2005, 12:11 AM Reply   
Damn,
I have been waiting for over a month now to see this thing complete. I hope he makes it out to the spring ride.
Are you going?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-12-2005, 8:22 PM Reply   
Grant ~ I'm sorry if I made you believe I needed my whole system hooked up,I simply need you to build me your specialty speakerbox or boxes depending on your professional opinion.
Old    whitechocolate            04-13-2005, 10:34 AM Reply   
Almost finished: we turned it on yesterday for just a few min's and usual the cops showed up.
Ill have to wait till its out of my garage to start adjusting. Just making the last trim peices and its finished

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-13-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
Grant ~ Yup very nice!

Something like that I had in mind.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-14-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
Did you happen to catch "Unique Whips" on the Speeed channel last night? They built a box for an H2 with Four W7's and fired it up to test it out. They put ping pong balls in the speakers and they popped out high and far away. Someone spilled a drink on the roof of the truck and wathcing the liquid jump was amazing. Harold's boat is going to use four also right? Unreal.

Eric
Old    whitechocolate            04-14-2005, 12:17 PM Reply   
I have been watching Unique Whips, OMG what a bunch of Hack's, I liked it when they were showing the equipment they were going to install in the RED H2 and they showed a JL W-7 on the floor with a JL 1000-1 amp sitting right on top of the W7 speaker. Nice, great way to treet the customers equipment. And pluging it into the wall, WOW. Thats just great, Im sure JL apreciated that, After seeing the spray job they did on that guys interior, I put them right next to West Coast Custom's as far as quality
Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Thread Hijack on:

Where did you get these things:

relaythingie

Duh, nevermind, when I blew up the pic I can tell you just screwed the relay to a board behind the rail. I thought you found some kewl new combo rail/relay.

Back to your regularly scheduled program,

Boat Beats Pimp my Ride...

(Message edited by jwag on April 14, 2005)
Old    whitechocolate            04-14-2005, 2:06 PM Reply   
Jan You are correct:

Thoes are the power blocks that his system runs threw, I run a relay for each Item just out of habbit, and if I add anythg that has a big draw it dosent kill the switch.

1st block is a ground block it has no relay.
2nd block is for constant power 12V (no relay).
3rd block is for Neon lights.
4th block is for kick on.

It makes it much easyer to tap into or add somthing with these block's all things I add to the boat go threw these blocks, That way if any thing is wrong it starts here, I have found that it is better to run a stand alone system seprate from the stock wire harness that way if anything goes wrong the dealer cant blame the system for causing a problem. The stock electrical system is un changed
Old    whitechocolate            04-14-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   

Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-14-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
Nice job Grant! I like how you bling'd out the stock battery box along the same lines as the custom box you built. Is this the same boat that's getting the custom tower box you were working on a few months ago?
BTW what happened to the boat beats thread that was started a few weeks ago, it seems to have vanished.
Tom
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       04-14-2005, 11:01 PM Reply   
Grant, that is clean. I really like how you made the dist blocks for each electrical group. Always thinking!! Are those lugs on your batt, the stinger ones?

Tom- I think this is why it dissapeared. Forum Rules-
Businesses are encouraged to participate but should not use this forum for advertising purposes.

Old    whitechocolate            04-15-2005, 7:05 AM Reply   
Tom: The tower box your talking about is Jude's, I had the Boat Beats thread killed. We couldnt get the shop we wanted till July, Ill start a new thread when and if the doors open.

Luke: the battery terminals are no name ones I picked up at pacific stereo, I dont think they cost very much, but whe you need 20 of them it add's up LOL
Old    wissota            04-15-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
Hey Grant: Would you say this is your best work? I see all your work is of the highest quality/detail but is this the biggest system you have put in a boat/car? Very very nice!!
Old    whitechocolate            04-15-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
John: I guess so,

Here is the latest:

Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
dual aux inputs?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-15-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
Hey Grant...really nice work! What deck is Jason running? Looks like a Clarion Transom remote.1

I agree about "UW" being hacks...especially after painting the dash in that Yukon. However, I was really just referring to how impressive the power of the JL subs were.

eric
Old    bigdtx            04-15-2005, 1:57 PM Reply   
The vinyl work is nice are you doing it or piecing it out?
Old    whitechocolate            04-15-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
Jan: He has AUX imput's in the glovebox for his I pod. The 2 sets of RCA's you see in the photo are a 2nd Imput and a 2nd Output. So if Jasons boat is between my or Harolds or Clay's he can send and recieve a signal.

I had a uhpostery shop stich the battery cover box. And I coverd the kick panel's at the uhpostery shop myself.
Old     (lenmann)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-15-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   
Hey Grant,

Looking tight. You definitely build some hard hitting stuff, all quality gear too. I noticed that none of your installs include capacitors on the subs. What are your thoughts on thier usefullness or need?
Old    bigdtx            04-16-2005, 7:38 AM Reply   
Was the owner there to watch you drill that hole in the back of the boat? That would be tough!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-17-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
Grant,

After going out today...I changed my mind on just the box.I think BLINGING IT OUT is the only way to go.Hopefully in the winter sometime in november or so you can find room for my baby!!

Though...I'm keeping the NVS!
Old    whitechocolate            04-17-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
lenmann: Cap's can be good, My opinion is I would rather have a extra battery in place of a cap I havent seen a cap that makes any diffreance thats under 30 farid, and they cost upwards of $300 thats 2 blue top optima's. So if your system is built and you want to spend some extra money then a cap would be a nice add on.

Big d, yea i know what your talking about. When I was finished drilling that hole it was smoking. LOL

Ed thats great, Im glad you came around. because we you said you just wanted boxes I was like Ooo no here we go LOL, Yea we can build a system around the NVS no problem.
Old    whitechocolate            04-19-2005, 6:41 AM Reply   
This J's 130 Amp alternator.

This is the Solonoid
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-19-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
Where is that solenoid mounted?
Old    whitechocolate            04-19-2005, 7:37 AM Reply   

Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-19-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
Grant:
The solenoid is for putting the stereo battery's out of the starter battery circuit? Only in this way both sets of batteries will charge, but not discharge each other?

Looks like a real clean install!

Thanks Tommy
Old    whitechocolate            04-19-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
Tommy: you are correct about the solenoid.

BTW I decided to run the 0-AWG wire from the alternator to the solenoid because on my boat I noticed that the wire looks like it has had some stress. I am running a 4 AWG and the ends look like they had some heet. I dont know what type of current it took to do that to the wire. Im sure the 0 AWG wont have any problems pulling the 130 amp's the alternator can push.
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       04-19-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
Grant where did you get the alternator?? I want to find one that is not a self-excite one.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-19-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
This post is getting pretty long and if this has been asked I apologize in advance.

Grant, I installed my own system and have put some hours into it and it is no way near the caliber of this one. If you can't answer this I totally understand. I would just like to know the amount of man hours you have put into this system so far and what you expect the total man hours will be. Just out of curiosity if it is OK with Jason can you put an approx. value on the equipment. I spent about 2 g's on my setup and I would bet you got that much in wire and batteries. I'am just curious here. I totally respect Jason's business and understand if you can't answer this.
Old    whitechocolate            04-19-2005, 2:26 PM Reply   
The cost for Jasons Stereo

One Meeeeeelion Dollars, Muuuu Haaaaaaaa
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-20-2005, 5:44 AM Reply   
Okay I set myself up. I understand.
Old    bigdtx            04-20-2005, 7:08 AM Reply   
And that's just for the batteries and wire!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-21-2005, 2:57 PM Reply   
Lance ~ You only spent 2 grand on you system??

J\K

(Message edited by Big_Ed_X2 on April 21, 2005)
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-22-2005, 5:24 AM Reply   
I just ran a total and it came to about 2,600.00. I installed it myself so consider some labor cost too. Just added some Fusion T series and man they really sound great. I'm sure 2g's sounds like chump change but I'm happy.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-22-2005, 6:03 AM Reply   
I was just kidding!

It doesn't matter how much money you have or put toward you sound system,as long as you enjoy it!
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-22-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
I know you were kidding.

Money is not the issue, I think it really boils down to what you are looking for, and you are exactly right "as long as you enjoy it".

I'll try and take some pictures of the system this weekend.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       04-22-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
Hey G-

So finally got my carpet, and want to confirm something before I cut to install.

How thick exactly is the carpet in Jasons boat?
I ordered the same stuff.
Old    whitechocolate            04-22-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
Luke, Im not sure, Sorry if I would have know you would have been having so much trouble with the MC carpet I could of held on to a peice for you to check out.

Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       04-22-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
No biggie, I am just totally sick of Mastercraft. Ski world has tried to help the situation, but it still doesn't fix the problem of being 8 weeks late.

Do you think the carpet is like 1/4 thick? or is it more like 1/2-3/4?

Im really shocked that this carpet I have is supposed to be what Mastercraft installs. Something just doesn't look right. If I had known this is what it was going ot be, I would have gone with the Lowes carpet. Same stuff, cheaper price. For some reason I was told it was very thick carpet, I could have sworn it was thicker than what I have.
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-22-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
Luke I have a bunch of the Mastercraft Carpet here for my Stereo install. I got a roll of it from Palo Alto Uhpolstry. It is 1/2 inch think with the backing.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2005, 4:28 PM Reply   
Grant, This is by far your best work yet. I have never seen an install with this type of creativity and detail, not to mention, that is the best looking boat I have ever seen. That is one good looking guy driving that boat.
Old    whitechocolate            04-22-2005, 5:47 PM Reply   
OMG Jason has decided to register, and check out what all the hype is all about LOL he is out of the closet. Jason Im glad you are happy with your new toy. Even after I drilled like 100 holes in your babby and you still have nice things to say about me. , For now your install is finished.

Just so everyone knows Jason is getting a custom tower box with 6 6X9's Lights and neon ect and it wont be done for another month, So he's boat was shipped of to a secret undergound location for storage "Thanks to JUDE" till his tower is complete, Then we will mount his box and finish the system. Ready for the SuperHero's Houseboat trip, BOOM BOOM BOOM,

It was fun doing your system, Im sure we are going to have lots of fun with it.

I have to say I was very happy to wake up this morning and find my Bright Red Bling Bling back in my garage. Ahhhh Summer is almost here.
Old     (aquahawk)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
G ~

86 the pink and buff pads. Your in the wrong business.

Open WCI. White Chocolate Industries.

The OCC and WCC of Boats.

I have always been impressed with your vision and intensity in perfection.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-23-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
Grant,
Flawless as usual...
I have found a new tow vehicle for you:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31834&item=4544756 770&rd=1

Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2005, 6:39 AM Reply   
That Excursion is cheesy. Lots of cool fiberglass work but, way over done and did you see the wiring for those rear amps. Really cheesy.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-24-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
Yeah, I agree. It definitely needs Grant's magic touch! That wiring is absolutely heinous...
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-25-2005, 6:10 AM Reply   
Here are some pics Big Ed
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-25-2005, 6:11 AM Reply   

Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-25-2005, 6:12 AM Reply   

Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-25-2005, 6:12 AM Reply   

Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-25-2005, 6:14 AM Reply   

Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-25-2005, 6:14 AM Reply   

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-25-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
cool little set up you got there for 2g's!
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       04-29-2005, 4:22 PM Reply   
Grant,
I noticed you didn't use any capacitors in jasons boat, I am currently changing alot of the stuff in my x80 to get a cleaner install and was wondering if i should use the 2 memphis 1 farad capacitors that i have now.
I am running 2 memphis 3004s and a memphis 1000d
Thanks
Ryan B.
Old    waketech            04-29-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
Grant,

That stereo's radiculous, congrats sweet job
Old    wakefunx2            05-03-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
Hey Grant, Quick question about Jasons battery under the passenger side seat. I just needed to know if when you took out the old battery if it sat flat with the floor or not? I am working on my X-2 and i liked your top cover for the battery and would really like to do something like that. As it stands now, with the battery that is in my boat now, it does not sit flat with the floor, im not sure if when i go to the blue top if that will sit flat with the floor. So i guess i just wanted to know if you had to do anything to Jasons battery box to get the battery to sit flat with the floor and if you did, what was it that you did do to it? If you have any other pictures of the battery box that you could post that would help too. Thanks.
Old    whitechocolate            05-03-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
Cory: Im not sure I understand, The bottom of Jason battery box is completely flat, As well as Im sure yours is. Im assuming that you have never had your battery out to see what is causing it not to sit flat. There's proabley a nut or somthing sitting on the bottom of your battery box and its causing your battery to not sit flat.

If you are still un sure. Take your battery out and measure your battery box and then go to the optima website to get the measurments of the blue top and then you will know for sure.

Im betting that the battery box in your X2 is just like many other boats large enought to fit manny diffrent types of battery's, I hope that helps you "lazy bastard" LOL
Old    wakefunx2            05-03-2005, 10:00 AM Reply   
HAHAHA, not lazy, just coming to the person with the most Info first!!! Ok, so what i was asking, i know the battery is sitting flat at the bottom of the battery box, but the top of the battery will stick up so that the top of the battery is above the floor by a little, so i just wasnt sure if you had the same problem with Jason's or not, from your before pictures it didnt look like you did, for some reason it looks like that battery that came with the boat sits lower than mine. Thats why i was asking if you had to do anything diffrent to get the battery to be flush with the floor. As it is now, mine is not, and i really liked how you were able to cover the top of the battery, it would be nice to have that floor space for storage. And sorry, i just came up with a secound question/problem. Did you have to go to a high out-put altnator on any of your projects? Or to get around this, is adding 3-5 batterys save you from having to change out the altonator, from what i hear that will void the warranty on the motor? Any help would be GREAT!!!! i know your a busy guy but i know you know you S*#t, and i need to get my boat out, the water is calling!!! Oh yeah, i just just remebered we know some on in common, Jody Sutton.
Old    whitechocolate            05-03-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Cory LOL. its all good. I dont mind helping people at all. I just didnt understand you question.

No I did nothing to the battery box. I know what you meen by it looking the way it does the stock battery look's like its higher that the one I installed. I was looking at a friends X9 this weeekend and I see now what your are now talking about. Jasons 209 had a small lip that went all the way around the battery box. This is the lip the plexglass sits on. Im guesssing/hoping yours has the same lip. If your's dosent then you will have to come up with somthing.

from that edge you can take a measurment and see how deep or how hight that battery currently comes and figuer it out from there. Good luck

Thats cool About jody. I think I remember seeing a photo for your MC its Red and White correct
Old    wakefunx2            05-03-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
I guess i will just pull the battery out this weekend and see what i can do. But what about high out put alternators on any of the boats you have done? I am guessing to stay away from that is why your are using so many blue tops, am i wrong? I guess my alternator is a 70amp, and i am running a JL 500x1 and a JL 450x4 and two w7 8's so i guess im going to be running in to a problem and it sounds like i will need a higher output alternator, or will adding another battery save me from maybe voiding my warranty on my motor?

Nope, wasnt my MC, mine is blue and white
Thanks again!!
Old    tod            05-05-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
The X2 battery box is not as deep as the 209/X9. A blue top will stick out of the floor about 3-4" on the X2.
Old    wakefunx2            05-05-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
Thanks Chris, that will help.
Old    tod            05-05-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
I would go for the dual batteries.............even if only for the security. If you isolate the batteries you will not have to worry about being stranded. Here are a few pics of a dual battery setup we did in a buddies X-Star/X2..............

Old    tod            05-05-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
Old    wakefunx2            05-05-2005, 1:11 PM Reply   
Cool, thanks Chris. Yeah i was going to go with the duel batteries no matter what. Can you tell me alittle bit about what your buddy did for that battery box? looks like something i might want to do. Thanks for the info.
Old    josh_tn            05-18-2005, 1:31 PM Reply   
Grant, when you wired up the solenoid did you connect one side of the coil to the starting battery and one side to the secondary bank of batteries? You mention in one of the posts that you wired between the alternator and solenoid. I'm trying to make sure I know how to wire mine up correctly before I get started. I also have the 200 amp Stinger relay.
Old    whitechocolate            05-18-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
The output from the alternator go's directley to the B side (stereo bank of batterys) of the 200 Amp solenoid. When the key is turned on The A and B sides of the solemoid ar conected and the alternators output is then devided between all 6 batteys
Old    tod            05-18-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
Josh IMHO it is benefical to connect the alternator to the A side (starter battery) for piece of mind sakes. This way if the relay ever went out (stuck open) the alternator would still be charging the starter battery. Yes the stereo would die but at least the boat could make it back to the ramp/dock or you can keep boarding until a new relay could be installed.

When the relay is working it really does not matter which battery/solenoid post the alternator is connected to since the alternator only sees one big battery. I prefer directly to the starting battery just for the extra sense of security.

Either way if the relay does fail the alternator is still charging one or a set of batteries. In Grant's setup you would just have to swap one of the aux batteries with the starting battery to make it back to the dock should the relay fail.

It's really 6 or 1/2 doezen either way you look at it. Just make sure you understand the setup you choose so you can pin point any problems that might occur on the water.

Old    whitechocolate            05-18-2005, 2:36 PM Reply   

Great Advice

Chris great colors on you battery install

R. McDonald

(Message edited by whitechocolate on May 18, 2005)
Old    josh_tn            05-18-2005, 3:45 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. The only thing I worry about with this setup is if you run one battery way down(stereo), and then turn the ignition key the batteries will equalize and may bring the starting battery down too low to start the boat. I'm not sure how fast that would happen so hopefully its not fast enough to cause any trouble.
Old     (sound_illusions)      Join Date: May 2005       05-18-2005, 4:28 PM Reply   
All that power couldnt transfer to the other five batteries that fast, unless you sat there and left the boat in the on position wigthout turning it over.
Old    josh_tn            05-18-2005, 5:36 PM Reply   
Well, I was refering to my setup which will only be 2 blue-tops, not 6. My stereo system is nowhere close to the one in this thread....yet.
Old    tod            05-19-2005, 6:36 AM Reply   
Don't worry Josh it has never happend to me. I had two blue tops in my last setup with a relay isolator and I could run the aux battery all the way down and could easily start the boat. There were even times I closed the relay while on the beach so I could continue listening to the tunes off the starter battery. I could usually get about 30min of safe listening before I needed to start the boat.