Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-25-2004, 3:37 PM Reply   
i am trying to change the overlays in my 03' parks. any ideas or input on how to?
Old    sbvfive            03-25-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
Yeah. Take it apart and put the new ones on. It is simple. Just use an electric screw driver on high speed to ensure that you dont strip the screws.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-25-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   
do you know how to use a screwdriver?
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-25-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
yea i can use a screwdriver but how the hell do you get the plastic peice off the laces?
Old    jetgofish            03-25-2004, 4:14 PM Reply   
ah, that little bugger...get an icepick or something to fit in the hole and push the cap out, unless you can get your finger nails between the cap and the base this is the only way to do it. When you put the cap back in make sure to put a small drop of super glue or something on the cap. Right now they are probably glued together! I had the same problem when replacing my overlays on my Essence's. Good luck.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
I'm not so sure I would glue that cap back together. I never have when replacing my overlays and have never had a problem with it coming off.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
Hey Derek, why are you replacing your overlays? Did they rip? I had a horrible time with my '02 Byerlys constantly ripping and went to the '03 Parks and have been good to go so far.
Old    jetgofish            03-25-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
Andre - I had to place a small dab of glue on mine, the little plastic cap on the black nub that holds the laces together at the bottom popped out on me twice while I was working on the other binding. I re-adjusted the laces in the cap several times then place a small dab a glue and walla never came back out!
Old    gw_mark            03-25-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
You grab it with a pair of pliers, it is hard to see but they come apart at the very end, you should see a seam there.
Old    upupnaway            03-25-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
That is what happened to mine, same model. I had my dealer ship them off and Hyperlite did 'em for free.I hope you did not have to pay for the overlays.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
No, in fact I didn't even have to ship them off. I simply brought them to our local shop (WAKESPORTS in San Diego -- excellent shop) and they kept replacing them for free from the stock they had in-store. Even with this excellent hookup, I got tired of having them rip just as I was getting ready for a pull. I'm loving the Parks so far (knock on wood).