Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Some friends invited us along for a party at Lake Redinger. We had never heard of the place and decided to pack up and take in a change scenery. The 2 lakes were Beautiful. The water at both lakes was super clear. I didn't get any good pictures of the beachs at Redinger but the lake has ton's of white sand beaches all around it. Its a awesome remote tucked away place
Upload
Upload
This is the dam at one end of the lake
Upload
Spillway gate
Upload
Over the spillway gate
Upload
Got to do a "Hot Boat" run
Upload
Ready to roll out
Upload
Zip line FAIL this thing stopped and left Eirne hangin
Upload
Kurt's Go Fast Boat
Upload
This is the back side of Redinger lake
Upload
Upload
Upload
We packed up and drove up higher up to Shaver Lake. this lake is at 5600 feet. Looks much like Tahoe.
Sandy beach's and pine trees right at the water line
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
The lake had some real cool coves with huge rock's sticking out of the water.
Upload
We camped at a place called Camp Eddison. A cool camp in the tree's. We slept in the back of the Esclade under the stars it was a great get away.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Camp Eddison
Upload
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-19-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
Great pics! I've never heard of either lake but would love to check it out sometime.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-19-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
Nice G. It looks a bit scary back in Shaver. I'd be worried about folding a blade on one of those rocks. Did you make a "Tent" for the Escalade?
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       08-19-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
G-- What is around your tower? what kind of cover? Did you make it or buy it?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
Rob: That's a Tower Sock. That's what I use when I tow. It covers 99.9% of the tower. The tower feet are the only exposed piece's
http://hbpinnovations.com/TowerSock.html
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-19-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
Grant,

I used to go to Lake Redinger every year an camp for a week. I LOVE that lake!!! Your pics are making me want to go back to cali for a trip.

I same picture of the Dam but you can't tell which is water a which is sky.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       08-19-2009, 8:55 PM Reply   
Looks like a great time
The bottle sinker story is hilarious!
What highway are these lakes near?
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-19-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
Nice pics! I live in Fresno and have been to both lakes. Glad to see somebody touring a few less known spots. How did the escalade pull the boat up the "four lane" on the way up to shaver. You know that forever long steep pull on the way up there. That is a tranny eater right there!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-20-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
Yea it's hard to wanna pack up your thing's and sleep in the back of the truck or in a tent and load all the gear when you have a nice place to stay @ the lake. Im glad we ventured out. This aera of California is just beautiful. It would be cool to do some sort of Summer Lake Tour where each month we would pack up and go check out/report back on the local lake's. It would be cool if some locals could show us around or host some sort of small w/w gettogether.
The shore line at Shaver is like a mindfield hidden rock's just below the water. We never hit anything but if someone knew the lakes cool spots that would be great. Both shaver and redinger we both perfict size that you could tool around in a day and pretty much see the whole lake in a day. Can't say the same about Don Pedro or New Malonies.
Sean: The Esclade flew right up that 4 lane hill. That is one awesome highway. Nice and smooth and wide. I saw the tranny temp get as high as 240. The road's into Shaver were real nice.
Harold: Redienger is just below Bass lake. That was on our list to see but the rear brake's on the Esclade started making noise. We decided to cut our tour 1 stop short.
Mike: We hiked behind the dam. We went down to the water below the dam. We didn't bring a cammera but we wanted to swim into the cave at the back of the dam. It look's like a huge rock quarry back there super cool.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-20-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
This picture is Funny IMO. Heidi was like "Serious" I need a life jacket to take a ride in this boat? LOL When she came back from the ride she was glad she had her jacket
Upload
They did like a 90mph pass right in front of us
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-20-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
Wow. California certainly has some scenic lakes/rivers. Looks like that place should be a yearly visit.
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-20-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
Shaver is gorgeous. We've been there twice. We don't like the hike to the beach. From most of the campsites, you have a hefty walk (hefty meaning about 10-15 minutes) down a trail. On the other hand, the trail is through the woods, and is beautiful. What isn't beautiful are the hidden boulders throughout the entire lake, not only on the shoreline. Our partner hit one about 3 years ago, and caused $8500 damage. Thank god the wedge wasn't down. We don't take the boat there any more, but here is a glamour shot taken at about 5.30am. The water stays like this until about 10.30ish. It's insane!

Upload

My sister's family was just up there 2 weeks ago. They stayed for about 10 days, and within that time, the water dropped about 10-12 feet. They are starting to drain for dam repairs.