Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-15-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
So I have been going to Buena Vista for about 23 years now.... love it. But lately its getting ghetto and the rangers are.. well they are rangers. Does anyone know any other good lakes to go to with GOOD camping and nice water?
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-15-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
B.V. is getting bad. have you been to the delta?more drive time, but way worth it.
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-16-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
oh yea the delta is legit... I have a buddy who lives up there.. but its hard for a weekend quickie.. are you at bv a lot? what boat do u have?
Old     (drilldaddy78)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
Were at BV every other week. Good water during the week. Weekends we have to get up at dawn to get a set or two in and then surf till dusk. Been thinking about trying castaic or Pyramid. Any info on these two lakes?
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-16-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
We have been going to Castaic on weekdays and it is pretty good. Flat until it gets windy around noon or one, then we either leave or find a cove to hang. We are going to start surfing which will be awesome in the afternoons.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-16-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
There is a lot for sale on a private lake near Buena Vista. Mainly , only three families use the lake, mostly weekends, glass all the time, no weight restrictions, 95K. We rode Saturday and had the whole lake to ourselves. It's crazy to sleep in to 9am, hit the lake for a few sets and leave around 4pm because you are too tired to ride anymore.
Old     (lakepirate)      Join Date: May 2007       08-16-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Check out Pyramid. Reasons- The launch ramp is huge and easy to navigate, the water & grounds are clean, there's minimal law enforcement (and the ones that are there are fair & cool), there's a good beach to hang at & some cool cliffs to jump off, it's waaaay more shielded from the wind then it's neighbor Castaic, lots of coves, and if you can make it there early or during the week, good ski/wakeboarding conditions.

My only warning is that you stay away from the left side of the launch ramp. It's a bit rocky over there and you have to be careful...
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-16-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
Lakepirate do you frequent Pyramid? Have you been there lately? I was told by a friend of a friend that as of probably a month ago there was a lot of debris (logs and other boat damaging obstacles) in the water. I am curious if this was good or bad info.
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-18-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
I try not to go to B.V. much. i really like going to pine flat. but there camping sucks. lake is way worth it. can always find glass and not very many boats. it great for boarding and surfing.
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-18-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
trevor we are up at bv every other sun mon tues as well actually ill be there this fri thru tues.. what boat are u on? i have the red sanger with tinted windows and loud stereo! as far as pyramid i have had bad luck up there with water spots and scum lime not coming off and i always catch wind up there... castaic is good till about 9 am during the week and during the weekend its good till about 730 am piru well piru just sucks horrible camping and horrible water... i was concidering trying pine flats, can u elaborate on the camping being not so good? i have a 3 year old daughter and i like it safe for her.....
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-18-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
the camping at pine flat is not like B.V. your off the water because the lake gose down. but the water is way worth it. boat is clean and water is clear. my family and i really like it, and we try to go as often as we can.we have good water all day. we also really like the delta.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
We used to hit Pine flat and Nacimiento a lot before we got our place at the river. Both good lakes. Didn't mind camping at Pine Flat, if you pack a lunch and go out all day in the boat, and head back up to camp at cocktail hour, all's good.
About 5 hours from where we are So Cal, but the river is four. Just not that many lakes down here, after all it is a desert!
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-19-2009, 6:39 AM Reply   
Chris, where are you at on the river?