Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
I hadn't landed anything new this season which was really bumming me out. We rode this morning and had near perfect conditions after the fog lifted. After sticking about 3 bs 180's in a row , I started trying the hs\bs 360. Ater about ten tries I landed one clean. I know its not the most impressive trick ever but after the rut I have been in, I will take what I can get. Anyone else pick up anything new in your last few runs?
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-07-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
I was so close to landing a hs/fs 360. On one of the attempts, just as i came down the wake the handle slipped out of my fingers. I was so pumped that I came so close. I didn't land it but was awesome anyways
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       10-07-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
mike, i saw you landing a few bs 180s in a row, then fall on something. i would have flagged you down for a pull but you were quite a ways out. my 2nd bailed on me so i didnt get out at all. it was nice water and hardly any boats.
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       10-07-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
I assume that was you behind the red 88 2001.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-07-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
was it funkster's 2001?

nice work hillard! congrats. and yeah, it's a very impressive trick!

(Message edited by dakid on October 07, 2006)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
Jon we were in Troy's white and blue malibu. We didn't make it that far south today and always ride the shoreline. I did see those guys though. I am always checking to see whats going on at your dock when we are riding by so if you see us out there, flag us down. Also Cliff, Jeff and Dave were out there in a SAN today. Maybe Troy could post a video later.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
its a funkster imposter!!! just like his but a little more red and white instead of tan and burgandy.
Old     (jsimpson7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-07-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
been tryin shuvs on a skate for the last couple weeks....finally landed one the other day, then yesterday i landed a lipside shuv, and came SOOO close to landing a shuv off the slider we built..
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
nice job john. ive been trying shuv its for three seasons and still can't get it right. I always land and shoot the board out in front of me. I know I need to shift myweight to the front of the board but my mind won't let me do it.
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-07-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
i landed a hs fs 360 but it wasnt wake to wake... it was still pretty cool/ i also landed a hs fs 180 w2w but i cant get the landing anymore along with a ts fs 180 w2w a couple times... oh ya im a beginner lol
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
those are the good days, when you would stick a new trick everytime out.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-08-2006, 1:16 AM Reply   
mike...

The hs FS 360 is a HUGE deal. I am not even kidding. Just landing that trick will accelerate your riding. From this point on ,you will just want to keep sticking new stuff. That is what happened to me.

Congrats, and keep riding.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-08-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Hey Mike -

How long did it take for you to land the hs bs 180? What was your progression to landing them wake to wake?

I can do bs 180s inside out, outside in, in the flats, and off the double up rollers, but I just can't get them wake to wake. I always fall out the back, and I know why, I just can't correct it.

As a matter of fact, I started trying bs 3s just because I'm getting frustrated on the 180.

Thanks for the tips.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
It took me about a half a season of trying to land them before my buddy. The key for me is only cutting about 2\3 as hard as usual but enough to clear the wake. I try to get the handle pass just when I am landing. After I land I tryto edge back towards the boat. I don't know if my technique is right but its one of my favorite tricks. Now if I could just add some style to it.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-08-2006, 10:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tip Mike. I need to take an easier cut in for sure.
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/2nd-backside-180_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20030
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/3rd-backside-180_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20032

I've noticed in pulling for the bs 3's that the only difference is pulling a tad bit harder, but mostly just opening up after the handle pass instead of trying to stay shut off from the boat. Sound about right? Thanks again.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-09-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
I didn't pull any harder, the key is to just get the handle pass as early as posible. As soon as you get a hold of it, the rope will spin you the rest of the way. David, I just watched that video, try landing on the downside of the wake instead of the flats when you are learning them. Other than that, try 10 in a row and I bet you get it, you are very close.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-09-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Alright I learned my w2w, not consistent yet but I can do it. Also just started one wake hs 180's but I live in FL and can ride all winter to stomp it. This has been my first season, so I think I'm doing pretty good.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-09-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
Nice work Mike!! Man I would love to get over there and ride with you guys again. Around here everyone is putting there stuff away and getting ready for winter. I did get out last weekend. If you didn't already see them here are some pics:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/377659.html?1160381567

Keep up the good work guys,
jjakober
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-10-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
I went out for my last ride of the season. It was maybe my best run of the year. I landed a slob hs 540 (which I had only ever done once before), and I landed 2 toeside 540s (which I had only ever landed once before as well). I've never been more stoked but now I gotta wait until May to go boarding again. Good way to go out though!