Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old    sfinthewake            06-07-2006, 6:30 AM Reply   
Yo,

I got a Liquid Force EVO 142 riding the regular 1.7" fins and looking to get into doing more tricks, what's the best fin height I should be looking for to get better manoeuvrability? any ideas where to get them - i live in the UK.

cheers
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-07-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
One inch for that board.
Old    mike_schauman            06-07-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
i ride with a one inch. it give you more freedom and can do easier surface tricks with them.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
Saul,

Try riding without fins. Ride it that way all day. It will feel very slippery at first but you will be amazed at how quickly you get used to it.

And suddenly, you will be doing things you could never do before.

At the urging of friends, I took mine off on the last ride of last season. And I did not put them back on this season. My fins are being retired. I'm having a blast without them!
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
Saul,

Try riding without fins. Ride it that way all day. It will feel very slippery at first but you will be amazed at how quickly you get used to it.

And suddenly, you will be doing things you could never do before.

At the urging of friends, I took mine off on the last ride of last season. And I did not put them back on this season. My fins are being retired. I'm having a blast without them!
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
yeh, deff. try no fins. I did and ill never go back to fins (maybe a .7 in the front).
Old    sfinthewake            06-08-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
Nice one boys, much appreciated. I may give the riding no fins a try and see what happens. I fear I may be drinking a lot of Lake water this weekend.

Cheers
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
Another vote for NO fins...
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-08-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
Saul,

Just be sure to give it a full day with no fins. You'll get the hang of it in no time. Don't make the mistake of only one or two pulls and then give up. Give it a full day. Then decide.
Old     (shiftsnow)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
what about my board...same thing i have a LF shane...it only has the curved ones and the molded...i guess just not put them on.