Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-30-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
I am looking to buy a used 2008 murray 140. My question is that I only weigh at most 160 but usually around 155. Will this board be to big for me? Should I look at the 135? Or do you think it will be ok?
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-30-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
HELL NO....THAT BOARD RIDES SMALL ANYWAYS. IM 5'7 185 AND I RODE THE 145 FOR A BIT AND NOW IM ON THE MAREK 141. BUT ITS ALL JUST PERSONAL PREFERENCE. SO GO WITH WHAT YOU LIKE.....
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-30-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
Well not sure what I like yet. i am new to this and only been out a few times. I have used a friends 2008 LF Trip 138 and it just seems to heavy for me. I am looking for lighter board.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-30-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
Your kinda sitting on the edge of the rider weight suggestion for the two boards. the 135 is for up to 175 lbs and the 140 is 160 and up. i want to think that usually in this case ridding up is better.

if you plan to share the board with another person that is heavier this might be a good reason to get the larger too... but of course you should buy the board for you primarily.

after a while i think you would get used to the larger size.

but if you want something lighter than maybe you could try a board with a lighter core material i.e. Marek, Slingshot, company, Sine

It would be most helpful to ride and demo a few other boards (including your friend's trip a few more times maybe) to get an idea of what you like. have you tried a smaller trip than your friends to compare?
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-30-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
well the problem is the lake I ride at does not have a board shop around. I live in Alabama so not a whole lot to choose from here. The few places that do have boards do not have a huge selection and no demo's. So I am trying to get opinions from ppl on here that might know a little more than me. I just recently bout a 2001 Moomba outback and wanted to start learning to wakeboard. I got up and could move around pretty good for my first try. So I thought I would get something better than a beginner board. I want something that will last for a while. I think I am getting a good deal on this board. But I didnt know if I should get it or not. I can keep using the Trip board as long as I want but I will never have any chance to get demo boards to try. So I will have to go on opinions of others.