Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-06-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
I bought a boat from a company that will remain nameless and have had quite a few issues with it. Below is the timeline of the events, my questions is am I right in having an issue with this company or is this a normal thing?

Bought Boat: 50k

Ask for a Tee Shirt from thier board shop and told that is was a different company (All though my boat is covered in stickers from this place) and was giving two hats instead.

Take it out for the second time and the boat dies. I take it in, loose cable behind the battery.

Take it out the Third or Fourth time and there is a crack in the Gel coat, my back bench does not close all the way and the modeling on the walk through is coming off. Get the boat back and my cover is torn to shreds and my bimini is all red from the over spray. I had to take it in 3 times to get all of this fixed.

Somewhere in here my ballast went out too.

After complaining I received an $800 item for $150.

Took it out 3rd time from getting it back and it died, they said they would be in the neighborhood and would take a look. They said it was the battery and change it out without telling me and said I owed them $100 for the battery. After I said I do not want it I got my battery back with a re-charge and it worked fine.

Now the side board behind the drive seat is coming apart from the hull. Which I have not taken it in back in since it is summer and I do not want to be without my boat for a week or two.

It got back to a lady at the company that I wanted a T-shirt and she made a comment that I can give her back the $800 item for a T-shirt; which pissed me off. Am I in the wrong here?