Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (jasonj)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-05-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
Hey all, I have searched and cannot find any info on this. I have some damage to one of the cross members on my trailer as well as the bunks. I want to take my trailer to a local shop but they don't want the boat, only the trailer. I know they make dollies for smaller boats and jet skis, do they make anything like that for ski boats that I can put mine on? I just don't want to have to tow it 2 hours to a lake and pay to store it with them if I have an alternative.

Thanks all for the feedback!
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-05-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
A buddy of mine had to replace his bunks so he launched his boat and did repairs in the parking lot. If you need metal work done get a piece fabricated and have a mobile welder fix it. Don't how bad your trailer is. Just an idea.
J$
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-05-2007, 8:48 PM Reply   
Acouple of guys here have posted pics of loading there boat onto a dolly for storage in their garage. Cant remember the link or title, but someone may remember here. Thatr would free up the trailer to be worked on while boat rests peacefully in your garage.

dg
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-05-2007, 11:19 PM Reply   
Tilly's Marine (Malibu dealer) in Ventura California has a bunch of them, maybe they can give you an idea of who to contact. Even maybe your closest dealer has them or can at least steer you in the right direction.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-06-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
Borrow a trailer from someone who's boat sits on a lift... Thats what I did when I refurbed my trailer last winter... Otherwise you can jack it up and set it on foam in your garage fairly easily...