Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-06-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
Well, the mystery part has been installed. CC sent a new center ballast intake and grate for my 02 sante. I hope that this will solve the problems that I have been experiencing. Some 02 and 03 sante have had a problem with the center tank intake cover disturbing the flow of water to the paddle wheel..... causing surging and extreme speed up or slow down in turns. I will post a picture and update tonight when I get the boat back. I'm anxious to see what it looks like....... Really looking forward to a steady pull. especially on the double ups!
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-07-2003, 10:00 PM Reply   
Do you know if CC is going to be allowing this change for everyone with a center ballast and PP? I have had similar problems with my SAN and have the same setup.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-08-2003, 8:50 AM Reply   
Paul-
I was lucky enough to get to discuss this problem with Mike Ferraro....... he told me to contact me CC dealer. OWC's boat had the same problem and from what I've heard, so did danny harf's. it seemed like nobody wanted to acecpt responsibility for it. I spoke with PP, CC, and my dealer many times. I never got a straight answer from CC but PP did say that it was a problem with the intake on the center tank. If you look at the stock intake cover it is dome shaped and it definetly disrupts the flow of water over the paddlewheel. The new intake looks like your typical thru-hull fitting. The new thru-hull fitting showed up at the CC dealer last week...... so I guess that CC admits that there is some problem with the way all of the stuff is configured. PP specifies to mount the PW on the port side just in front of the rear ballast intakes..... they didn't take into consideration that there is a center tank on a team edition...... the starboard side of the hull has nothing on it so it makes more sense to me to mount it over there than redesigning the front intake....... I tested it on friday night and it was much improved..... still need to dial it in a little. I'll post some pics in the next few days. I would call your dealer or call Gary at PP and tell them that you are experiencing this problem. It may take some convincing...... have you tried to run your boat in RPM mode???? If the boat will hold a consistent speed in RPM mode but not in speed mode then you know it is something to do with the paddle wheel...... that is the first thing that I would test. also check the alignment of your paddle wheel. Gary at PP will be able to help you........
alex
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-09-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Alex. I'm going to test the RPM mode to see if that helps. If not, I will call PP and my local dealer. It looks as though CC is admitting to some mistakes so maybe they would be willing to work with us all on this too.
Paul
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-10-2003, 7:18 AM Reply   
paul-
as I said above, I don't really think that it's CC fault. It seems like a no brainer to me...... locate the paddlewheel on the starboard side where there is nothing to impede the flow of water. PP specified the mounting location and somewhere along the way the team edition got overlooked...... until people started complaining. Also, what software version are you running in your PP? If it is lower than 6.3 you don't have what they call an NN setting. This adjusts the sensitivity of the paddlewheel. I strongly suggest that if you do not have at least 6.3 to upgrade. this will give you a little more adjustment.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-10-2003, 7:35 AM Reply   
I do have the NN setting so I must be up to version 6.3. When I said CC was admitting to some mistakes I was referring to another part on my boat. I just got a letter from CC about a week ago to keep an eye on something because they were aware of an issue that may have been a problem on my boat. Sort of like a recall notice but without the recall unless you had a defective part.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-10-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
was it the fins???? mine were cracked and just got replaced......... evidently a bad batch of nibral.......

ps- gary at PP says to set the kdw to 80 and the nn to 180 and start there.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-10-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
That was it. I didn't want to get too detailed as to alarm people. Incidently my fins are fine.