Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
I just bought a 2nd gen iPod shuffle and am I going to get a waterproof case to use it wakeboarding. Anyone using their products? Which headphones do you prefer?
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-21-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
i havent used the product, but i just bought a amphibx medium armband for my nano and the h3 waterproof headphones. the h3 waterproof headphones are the ones ricky g uses when he rides, u can check out some clips on the h20audio site. I ride pretty agressively spinning and flipping so i beleive the h3 would be the way to go. they go around the back of your head and lock on pretty tight. I will let u know forsure what the deal is after i try it ou this weekend dave.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-21-2009, 4:06 PM Reply   
my bf has the h2o audio case for his shuffle and it works fine. i just bought cheap waterproof headphones for it on ebay and they have worked fine too. only problem is the jack is different (ie the case is made for a vertical jack, and the headphones have a standard L shaped jack, so the fit isn't amazing).
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-21-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
I have the case for a video and the h3 headphones.
The headphones hold up pretty well on diggers, at least one ear stays in. I find it takes a little fiddling to get them sitting in your ear right, but they sound good when you do get it right. They also work better when you do not have water in your ear/in the headphone, but they will still work wet.
The case is great, never had a drop of water inside it. My only problem is that it is a little bulky, but that can be expected with a bigger ipod.
I recommend it, its a good case/headphones. Hope it works out for you.
Old     (wake402)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-21-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
I have the H2o audio case for a 30 gig video and it works great. I have the Surge ear buds and they actually have really quality sound. The only problem that I have is the ear bud's cord is just kind of left dangling around when riding, but it's really not that big of an issue.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2009, 9:03 PM Reply   
I have 120 gig ipod as well. I got the 1 gig shuffle for $25 and I don't really want to risk loosing my main ipod. The only thing I hate about the shuffle is that most of the songs don't sound to great, but hopefully it's just the POS apple headphones I am using.

Thanks for the reviews all.
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-22-2009, 5:29 AM Reply   
Hey Dave if you do decide to purchase a H20 audio case use code: spangle for 20% off

(Message edited by sethenol on April 22, 2009)
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-24-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
Don't get the h3 headphones, they sound like s#it. Get the new earbud type from h2o, they sound great. My h3's only sounded good when I fell and my head was underwater. They have no lows at all, they were very metalic sounding, my new ones are sweet though!
Old    K.B.C.            04-24-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
don't the ear buds fall out when you guys ride? I had a pair of headphones that wrapped around my ear and they still fell out all the time, could't stand it.
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-25-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
i didnt ride like i usually do yesterday, afterall i am only 11 weeks since my broken ankle, but i threw down some of my usual bag-o-tricks and took some harder falls and will say i like the armband and the h3 headphones. i really do not think the new earbuds would stay in my ear
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-27-2009, 7:57 AM Reply   
I just got the new ones so I can't really comment on them while riding. I have mountained biked and they were fine, they fit pretty snug in my ears. The only time I think they would fall off would be on a hard crash, by my h3's would come loose sometimes too. I would prefer better sound and just put them back in after a hard bail.