Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-08-2009, 2:56 PM Reply   
Between me and Colin Ryan:

Colin: Dude how long does it take to get to Grand Rapids, MN?

Me: 3.5 hrs

Coling: You wanna go Ride with the "SCUD" on friday?

Me: WTF, seriously THE SCUD?? Furreal Darin Sharpiro in Minnesota???

Colin: Yup, the man himself!

Me: DUDE OBVIOUSLY!!! When, where, dude I am in for sure, stale fronts to blind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colin: Cool call yeah later.......

*I love getting text messages like those, that made my day*
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-08-2009, 2:58 PM Reply   
Dang! I would give up everything just to see the SCUD live! Orbital 540's and ridiculous skeezers, OMG!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-08-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
I feel you Tony, I have been lucky enough to ride with him a few times, its amazing. I had to post this text convo because I am so excited its retarded!
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-08-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
U lucky F'er!! What board does he ride these days? Obvioiusly a fast one I'm sure. Take pics and video if he's ok with it!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-08-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
Yeah, but what Andy doesn't know is all they are going to do is wakesurf. :-) <--- Just had to do it.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-09-2009, 3:34 AM Reply   
did you rip this idea off the alliance txt convo about the OWC wakeskate bs 5?

jk - That's awesome you get to ride with Darin, his stale front to blind is probably one of my top 5 fav tricks of all time. I still remember watching him at the Masters way back when a roll-to-revert was a staple in every pro's run and he would just murder people.

And let me say that Darin is one of my favorite riders of all time, but does anyone think the Orbital 5 is a less inverted roll to blind where he goes over the rope? Seriously, think about the physics of it. Ive seen him do some that look like ugly roll to blinds.
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-09-2009, 5:47 AM Reply   
yo dude when and where is this going down!?! I wanna watch you guys rip!! Any chance bald eagle?? lol
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-09-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   
David,

Actually I beat Alliance to it...I have posted several Text Message convo's on here over the last year....

Mark-

We will be in Grand Rapids at a Secret Spot, sorry. 10K Wakes Crew is Holding a Clinic with Darin all weekend sounds like we are going to slide into a session with him on Friday.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-09-2009, 6:21 AM Reply   
In the videos I have seen of him recently he has been riding a Lyman. And a flatline 1 is what its all about. love that trick. Check out the new video feature on The Wakeplace, its got some solid riding from him.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
That is awesome. I have always liked his riding, but my appreciation has really deepened with some of the more recent videos of him. He is killing it these days and going about as big as he ever has.
Old     (justinlkgb)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-09-2009, 7:03 AM Reply   
Andy you guys really lucked out!!
Wish I could go too.
10K crew is awesome too.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-09-2009, 7:16 AM Reply   
Sweet! What a great opportunity!

Tis the season! We've got a houseboat trip next week with Trevor Hansen and B-Hutt.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-09-2009, 7:40 AM Reply   
What, no invite?!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-09-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
Brandon GET OUT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flights are cheap.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-09-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
The real question here is, is Darin going to be walking when he is 50 years old? he usually lands speedballs in the trough and I hate landing wake jumps there. I think he and Randy Harris are the two wakeboarders who have probably inflicted the most impact on their lower backs.

Like Parks' said in one video (when referring to Harris): "Dude - I think you get an inch shorter everytime you ride".... or something like that

And Andy I was just razzing you dude - and I totally plan on surfing in your cove this afternoon.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-09-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
By David F (focker) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 9:54 am:

Best Quote in Wakeboarding.

"If I can still walk at 50 I wasn't trying hard enough."

-Randall-
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-09-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
You better have pictures Nintzel or this was all a big tease!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-09-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
I will try and bring a photog with me, we will have the video camera rolling.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-09-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
Andy here is my text message to you

Riley: Hey buddy there are ton of hot girlies in Cali that want to see you ride!

Andy: Really

Riley: Yes and they are Pro Hoes!

Andy: Awesome!

Riley: Get to Cali!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-09-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
You forgot my last response.....

ANDY: DUDE I AM ON A FLIGHT Pick me up at LAX in 3hrs!
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-09-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
J-Rod...You rollin up hommie?