Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-15-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
Hey guys I am thinking of heading to BroStock at lake powell next month, and i was wondering if anyone has been without a houseboat or towboat. Is it realistic? Is there someplace you can pich a tent at the site and camp. I am stoked to try and make it out with a few friends but just woderingif a poorman trip is reasonable. Bacically just looking for more info about the event. Any expeierience or advice would be appreciated.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-16-2009, 1:45 AM Reply   
i'd say it is doable

There should be plenty of spots for camping.
porta poty REQUIRED

last year Aramark, the company that runs the resort and marinas (excluding antelope point) had a boat that was going back and forth every 3 hours or so... but i am not sure if they would be willing to take a bunch of stuff over OR if 100% they are doing the ferry thing again.

You could consider renting one of aramark's cheap rental boats (18 foot boston whaler)

most likely the event will be in Warm Creek (that is where it has been every year so far), which is very close to the resort and main marina, Wahweap. but though it is close it still requires a boat (ride) to get to it really

i know a lot of the seasonal aramark employees went out to camp and such last year.

I plan to be there especially since i live in the area, but don't have a boat of my own. but my dad has one (small tow boat) and we should be out there again this year.

Some way or another i bet you can find a way there by boat, even if by hitching a ride. if it comes down to it i think we can help. its just it is a small 18-19 foot boat that might require two trips depending

ohhh and i plan to make pancakes (specialty ones with "bro-stock" branded/baked in to them) one of the mornings for anyone who wants them, probably sat morning

You all are gona love Powell, even if on a "poor mans trip"

(Message edited by wakerider111 on May 16, 2009)
Old     (adama)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-19-2009, 11:12 PM Reply   
chris, I have the club's boots and will be in lbc tomorrow. hit me up and I will give you the low down.
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-20-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
You could easily hitch a ride out there and "rough" it for two nights. Just pack light and bring beer!