Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-11-2008, 1:32 AM Reply   
I was taking the Narita Express (train) to Shinjuku today when we crossed a small river near Tokyo. There was a red Tige idling down the river with 3 guys on it. I had no idea that they rode here. Can I get a pull? I'm in town until Thursday...
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-11-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
That is awesome! Do you speak Japanese well enough to ask for a pull?
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-11-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
I can say Dozo and Domo..... Not sure if that will work though.

(Message edited by jcollinge on October 11, 2008)
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-11-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
I have been to japan twice and plan on going again next year to visit my sister (she is a missionary there) I went snowboarding last time but have been planning on hooking up with some wakeboarders in shibuya next time i go.I dont have any contacts but i hope you get a pull j. If you do i would love to know how it went, and hopefully i can get a pull when i go.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-11-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
try www.wsr.jp
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-11-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
here this one is better http://www.GBJapan.com
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-11-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
maybe something from one of these sites will help
http://www.wakeboarding.co.jp/
http://www.wakeboarding.jp/
http://www.tokaimarine.co.jp/concent/upgrade_flash.html
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-12-2008, 2:44 AM Reply   
To bad the sites are all in Japanese... National holiday here tomorrow and I'd love to get out on a boat. If anyone on this board rides in Tokyo let me know. I'll return the favor in Texas.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
One of my friends sold his SAN to someone from Japan. They came over here looking for a boat, had it shipped back. Sent a picture of it in the water, Mt. Fuji in the background.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       10-12-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Puck, in the Tokyo area, you can wakeboard at Ashinoko or Eidogawa. They have towing services there. Unless you have private connections, it's difficult to just find pulls. Is there anyone where you are staying that could translate the websites for you? They are like WW, good for finding a place to ride.

I had a couple of friends who ran their own schools, called Breakwater & K-Rips on Kawaguchiko, but closed down a few years ago. The lake that Tank is talking about, with Mt. Fuji in the background, is either Kawaguchiko or Yamanakako. I've ridden on Kawaguchiko several times and it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever ridden.
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-12-2008, 10:21 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Ryan.. Today is a holiday here and is my last chance to ride. I'll probably get busy over the next few days. Maybe next time I'll do a little research. I was just shocked to see that boat on the river.