Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-04-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
I'm thinking of moving to the Phoenix area, how's the wakeboarding scene? Don't know much about the area...looking for comments.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-04-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
You'll love it out here, for the most part the weather is great. I rode all last winter in just a spring suit The wakeboarding scene is solid, the Az wakeboard assoc is one of the largest grassroots organizations in the country and has comps all summer. If your ever in phoenix and want a pull drop me a line.
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-04-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
I agree with MIKE (What up dogg) but the wakeboarding scene in Arizona is definately underrated. It is one of the only places where you can board all year long and not have to battle the alligators (still love you florida). The boarders are constantly getting better and going bigger, you will adapt well to the weather, lakes...and girls. Scottsdale and ASU (while not as good as the chics at the UA) are hoooot and make for great eye candy out on the water.

dills
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-04-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
Well, you're kinda in the same position I was a couple years ago (living in WI). The midwest is awsome for going to a lake or river and being one of the only boats around on glass, but thats only for about 4 months or riding, you can stretch that to 6 months if you've got a suit and threshold for cold.
AZ lake scene is unbelievable for partying and wakeboarding is huge. You won't find the glass you get as often and there's bound to be some guy pulling his kids on a tube whenever you find it, but since you probably appreciate 60 degree water the winter calms down and it's easier to get good water and the season doesn't stop.
Hit me up if you're in town for a visit. We'll get you lined up with a pull.

Oh yeah, last time I was out in WI I didn't find any coves with 200-300 boats rafting up getting crazy either.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-05-2004, 5:44 AM Reply   
Thanks Guys, I'll let you know if I'm in town. Should know in the next few weeks. This is the most depressing time of the year for me. Hate playing the do-I-winterize-yet game.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-05-2004, 3:37 PM Reply   
PHX! whattup mike! im in an internet cafe in London right now. I'll be hoome Nov 4th and then its on to tearin it up again. Late, tyler
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-06-2004, 10:06 AM Reply   
Kyle, whats up champ, you are still going to be up at Bartlett next weekend? If so, lets ride.
Tyler, hows things in europe bro? Nobody puts down my music anymore! Stay safe sport.
pwork, when ever your in AZ drop me a line, my crew is pretty depleted, your always welcome to a ride.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2004, 5:16 AM Reply   
Whattup! Mike, things in Europe are pretty sick. WeŽve been sailing now for a week and this time Im in Pnte Vedra, Spain. WeŽll be making our way to the Canary Islands for the next three weeks. Then home! Cant wait. Did you get a new boat? Later
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-16-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
Now in Caiscas, Portugal. Crazy..later
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-16-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
Tyler, you better have a ton of stories when you get home bro. Nov 5 we are riding! No new boat yet, my dad is dragging his feet as usual.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-26-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
Mike,

I just sent you an email. I'm moving to AZ (mesa or scottsdale area) and will be there Nov 15 or so.
I need the scoops on where to ride. I've been apart of the hawaii wakeboard pro/am tour out here for the past two years.

I need some cool Ridaz to hang with...

later
Keith
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-26-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
Keith, when you get here your welcome to come out and ride. The weather should still be good (nothing like hawaii though) I ride with a pretty solid crew, your welcome to hit it up with us when you get here.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-30-2004, 3:07 AM Reply   
Mike! Im having fun in the Canaries now but not being on a board for over two months sucks. And yes, we ride on the 5th for sure. Cant wait to get home. later bro -tyler