Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (leblanc1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-03-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
I picked up 3 Electrovoice Evid 6.2's cheap, that's why I chose to use them...so now I'm curious if you guys can check this wiring to make sure it's ideal for the conditions. The only in-boat speakers I have are the 4" Fosgate coaxials and I thought it would be better to run them off the 4th channel of the Kicker amp as opposed to the head unit. If you think otherwise, let me know. I just can't seem to wrap my hands around ohm dropping and bridging and all that good stuff. Although the Evids are 8 ohm, somebody who used to own them said he just hooked them straight up to the amp (same Kicker listed) and it worked fine. I wired the dual voice coils on the sub per the JL Audio website. All suggestions and comments welcome. Thanks. (and if you're wondering why I'm using some of the stuff I'm using, it's because I found it all cheap and I was on a budget...sort of)

This note is from the owners manual of the Evids, not sure if it helps: The crossover frequency is set for the ideal 160 Hz acoustic crossover point with a 4-ohm load on each satellite output. It is best to use a 4-ohm load on each satellite output when possible. Increasing the impedance of the satellites on a satellite outputs lowers the crossover frequency to the satellites, resulting in more overlap between the subwoofer and the satellite. Using an 8-ohm load on each satellite output results in operating the satellite down to 80 Hz.

Upload

(Message edited by leblanc1 on May 03, 2006)

(Message edited by leblanc1 on May 03, 2006)