Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    xaviar            08-24-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   
I am considering buying some new Byerly bindings with the BOA system, however the shop i an buying from told me they have a real problem with the BOa system comming apart and the cables comming off, can anyone give mw there experience with these??
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-24-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
my girlkfriend has a pair and she likes them... The only issue we had so far is the part you twist to tighten and loosen came off once. SO we went to the store they ordered a new piece, week later it was fixed and they gave use a spare and a tool to fix it ourselves...
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-24-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
I had the last years version before I got my Zeus's and I liked them ok. I thought the same thing about the whole ratchet system and mine never messed up but once, which was the same problem ALee had. Overall I liked them. I have a big foot and those seemed to be too tight on my feet so I know have the Zeus's and will never get anything but them.
Old     (bladerunner)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-24-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
Go buy some threadlocker and put it on the little screws if your having problems with the boa. i never haver problems any more
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
I've had a '03 pair and now have the '04. They made some minor changes to the '04 which is supposed to help. I had the boa ratchet cap come off once. Luckily it was in my hand and I didn't lose it. In '04 the cap is raised off the back of the binding a little more (if that makes sense) so that there seems to be less tension from the wire I'm guessing. It has worked good so far for me so no complaints but yeah I heard with the '03 bindings they were having lots of trouble with the cap coming off. Hyperlite is cool about replacing them if it happens, but it can be a pain. Haven't heard about the '05 but if they figured it out in '04 then the new ones should be fine too. I'll keep yah updated on my '04s and if they have any problems because I've only ridden them a few times.
Old    byerly137pro            08-24-2004, 1:09 PM Reply   
I ride with them and have no complaints, but I guess thats cause I have them out only one season. There much more convienent then the lace up bindings.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2004, 1:13 PM Reply   
About the conveniance of the Byerly Boas. I like the ratchet system because they are easier to get into i.e. no soap, and they feel more snug around my whole foot when I ratchet them down good and snug (not like this last weekend when the board came off and got me in the head), but one thing I notice is they do take a little longer to ratchet down and get into then a typical lace up binding where you just put your foot in and pull tight. It's a preference thing my friend hates having to ratchet the bindings down every time. I just tell him to get his own setup