Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    boarderpunk            07-06-2004, 6:34 PM Reply   
What's your opinion on these boards?? I'm looking at the 2002 or 2003 models?? Which has more pop, which has better speed, which is lighter, which one is "better"???

thanx
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       07-07-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
If you like a more snowboard type of ride, go with the Premier with no fins. They are both great boards IMO, can't go wrong with either one.

If you can't demo, then I say the Premier, as you can do more with it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-07-2004, 7:24 AM Reply   
"If you can't demo, then I say the Premier, as you can do more with it."

Tell that to our world champ, Shawn Murray.

I rode a Premier for my first two seasons. It's a great board. For the years you are looking at, I think the Prem might be a little lighter. The Belmont has a bunch of bolt on fins and heavy hardware. But I know plently of guys that rip on both of those boards.
Old    chavezychavez            07-07-2004, 10:19 AM Reply   
Neil, I've got an 03 Premier 140 with your name on it for a good price.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-07-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
I ride the 2002 Belmont 136. J-rod is right about the hardware, the 6 fins create too much drag, and will give you the feeling that your board has an anchor attached to it. However, that problem is easily fixable. I removed the 2 center fins, which took all the drag away. Now, my board is very fast, and has a lot of pop. I'd have to say the Belmont is the better of the 2 boards, but how many Hyperlite boards do you see that aren't any good? Either way you'll be happy.

-Blake
Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-08-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
Is the Belmont board a continous rocker or 3-stage, if so they might come into consideration as well.
Old    tutman            07-08-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
They are both great boards. Can't go wrong with either one.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-08-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
Belmont is Continuous. Prem is 3 stage.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-08-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
Never thought I'd do this, because I loved my premiers for the 3 years that I rode them, but if you like the premier you'd love the LF substance. Soo much faster and lighter, but otherwise almost identical in characteristics.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-08-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
Evan is right on, substance pops more too.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-08-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
That's how I feel abot the CWB Absolute too. It has some of the same characteristics as the Premier, but lighter, softer landing, and faster.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-08-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
Yeah, not to bad mouth HL at all, I still think they make sweet rides, but there are a lot of board companies out there that make wicked products. Ride as many boards as you can and buy from a boardshop that will back up their products.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-08-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
oh yeah, the substance pops more too. After riding this board I discovered switch riding I never had before. Smooth, fast and loose....Just the way I like 'em.
Old    djo_djo            07-10-2004, 5:30 AM Reply   
i have an 2001 belmont, i think the fins are really big, will it be a big difference if I remove them ? or should i put smaller fins on it ?
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-10-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
Joris, smaller fins will make a world of difference as far as speed and looseness. I like a really loose board so I NEVER have center fins amd only ride boards with molded in side fins. If your belmont is a 6 fin, take out the 2 center ones and you will see a big diff. If you want it even looser, buy smaller ones.