Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    berykid            05-08-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
Droped the trany in my mastercraft tristar and was wondering if anyone can point me to a shop in portland where i can get a rebuild. also i am new to the area and was wondering if some of you local willamette riders would be willing to show me the where to go and what to avoid on the river.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-08-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
There is a place in Lake Oswego by the GI Joes. Can't remember the shop, but I am sure someone else can chime in. They only work on inboards and supposedly have a great reputation. I met them and they seem pretty stand up.

There is a large crew of us that go downtown on the Willamette and we are down there alot. Let us know when you are going out and I am sure any of us are more than willing to show you the dangerous spots and the ettiquette..... We also do a lot of hanging out over there so great social scene....
Old    discolafinger            05-08-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
ya what Diggs says
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-08-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
K.C.
Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure these are the guys. There are two guys that run it and I think many years ago they used to be a CC dealer, but not sure of the details, but a lot of people are big fans of them. I hope this is the right place. I think it is
(503) 699-1821
Superior Inboard Repair Inc 17530 SW 63d Av
Lake Oswego, OR 97035 - 5210

Old    berykid            05-08-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
thanks for the info diggs see you guys on the river soon
Old    bocephus            05-08-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
I know the trannies hang out on the corner of Jefferson and 2nd. They weren't that convincing though, I could tell they were dudes. Good Luck!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-08-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
Diggs, Ettiquette, huh? That's a big word for you J/K.
Old     (delbert)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-08-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
KC, Not sure how much shipping would be but I have a 1999 MC trans that s/b delivered today. Has 400 hours.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-08-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Bryan,
Well we have to make sure he doesn't learn from D-DUB and some of his willamette river blunders or even from that SAN that wakes us when we are all tied up. Might as well train our peeps while we have the opportunity.

K.C.,
Bocephus brought up a good point. I thought you were looking for a trannsmision. "I was way off" (dumb and dumber quote). The Tranny's in Portland hang out on Burnside and they would be happy to have a ride on your MC. In fact I think I spotted some on Bryan Lyonel's MC last week. I was fooled!