Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-27-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
Has anybody used these handles? Is the grip soft. How big in diameter is it compared to the accurate premier handle?
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-27-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
Haven't used one, but I got to hold one/talk to my local shop owner who has used one. The grip felt alright, I definitely prefer any of the Accurate grips over it. Also, I was turned off by it because it just felt kinda flimsy -- not necessarily cheap, just flimsy. My shop guy said that it rides pretty well, and he enjoyed it -- apparently the flimsy part gets taught during riding and is supposed to provide a "better, concentrated" pull or something...whatever. I bought the '05 Parks Accurate.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-27-2005, 10:12 AM Reply   
Feels cool but have heard they break pretty easy.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-27-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
I've had it for a few months. Sick handle, really like the grip. IMO it is nicer than the Premier handle (which I also have). The grip is a little smaller in diameter and is made of a slightly firmer material. The actual grip material is machined from a block instead of molded and glued.

So far no problems. Try it, you wont be dissapointed.
Old    time4wake            07-27-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
I have the Josh Sanders handle and absolutley love it... been using it for a few weeks and totally sold on it. The Sanders grip is a little smaller or close to the Belmont handle- Great for smaller hands. I love the composite triangle- I didn't like how ridgid the full carbon handles are (tried the Straight Line and the Accurate) but liked the belmont- This handle is even better than all of them. Sanders grip has a softer grey grip but the black underlayer is super tacky and feels like a combo between the old rubber tractor grip (SL) and all the new foam grips. I'll be a Nevin customer from here on out...