Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-26-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
I want to rid myself of my head unit and only use my MP3 player.I want to use my iRiver. I plan on using 3 amps. One for the tower speakers, one for the stock boat speakers, and one for the 12" sub. How would you guys recommend I configure my system???MP3 directly to a Line driver? EQ? Could I just adjust the bass & treble from the amps?? Thanks for any input.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-26-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
I think with something like this it might work, I am not a stereo expert though.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DZgvQIHLu5K/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=140&I=20603KQ9
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       02-26-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
Hmm, Pete, I would personally leave thehead unit unless its really in the way.

Maybe an RCA jack like in the Nautique Glove box would be an ideas - running straight to a Line driver - then t'd into your amps.

Just a thought.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-26-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
just do it and and see how it sounds first and then make changes accordingly. i had to do{with a tape player} this in a car i once had in high school. when i was broke, it sounded fine.
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-26-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
It's not in the way, I'm just sick of my CDs skipping and I don't want to buy a nice head unit to use 6 months out of the year when I have a nice little MP3 player with a radio. I won't have to worry about my CDs getting scratched or anything.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-26-2005, 7:17 PM Reply   
audiocontrol 4.1
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-28-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
Is Audiocontrol the brand name??
Old     (eddie1173)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-28-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
I sold my friend my 86 ski nautique & he install a couple amps & runs his sony mini disk player off of it & sounds great. He just runs a line right from the mini disk to all the amps. But if you put an eq in to you would beable to ajust it how ever you wanted to.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-28-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
http://www.audiocontrol.com/techpapers/in-dash.pdf

One input for mp3 player, the other for the satellite radio.

(Message edited by mikeski on February 28, 2005)