Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    alanp            02-18-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
i rewired my boss 530s and while reinstalling the damn thing my drill slipped and cracked the speaker about a 1/4 inch. still plays but im guessing(question) ill need to replace soon? what a freakin idiot.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
i have a pair of image dynamic 6.5 drivers(the ones that come with the horn drivers). brand new conditon.. let me know if you are interested.

they are a step up from the quarts imho..
Old    whitechocolate            02-19-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
OOooo I hate that. Trust me your not the first person to do this. When I used to work as a Car stereo install monkey in high school at the local stereo shop. I had put my cordless screw driver threw a few 6X9's. Thank god I leard my lesson on cheep stuff and not on a MB. You can glue it for now it will last a while.

Next time use your fingers as a gaurd wraped around the driver tip so if you slip your fingers can protect the speaker, Make sure your wearing gloves. I have poked my self with my fair share of phlip's tips Ouch

Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-25-2005, 4:56 PM Reply   
Alan about the only thing you can do is use some glue or maybe some flexible silicone if it is on the foam surround.

Grant I second that hand protection thing except the other day i did it without gloves... i am to the point now that i actually caught some skin (the really fleshy part between your 1st finger and thumb) between the head of a drywall screw and a woofer the other day and the only thing i said was "hmmm that stings a little", then i slowly switched directions on the Dewault and backed the screw out a little, talk about being desensitized (SP?)... My buddy was right there watching and he couldn't believe it, I told him my hand will heal the woofer will not!!!
Old    whitechocolate            02-25-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
I was doing some work on Jasons boat and pushed the philips head right threw my thumb Ouch! What a dumb ass, Funny thing is right after it happend and had not started to bleed it look like a prefict phlips head
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-25-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
Grant, you jinxed yourself, cap it with superglue. I don't want to jinx myself but I have been trying to remember to use some of those mechanics gloves, they still allow pretty good dexterity. I did manage to burn myself earlier today with my soldering iron...
M