Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-06-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any experience with these sacs? I am looking for a pair of sacs to go on top of the SANTE rear wedge tanks. In the picture the wedge sac appears to have 3 conection points, is that correct? and if so, how do they connect, and would that connection be ok for long term? ie. custom ballast?

http://www.wakeboat.com/catalog/detail.lasso?cat=48&man=Fly%20High&sku=FL_Cs6qf

Pro X Series Nautique Wedge Sac (Set)
One of the best products for boating this year has to be the new Pro X Series fat sacs. Fly High's new line of Pro X Series Quick Connect fat sacs are made with Valmex material, which is similar to the materials used in making river rafts...and makes punctures and abrasions virtually a thing of the past. The seams are welded and taped so strong that common failures experienced with other sacs will never happen.

Dimensions:42" x 18" x 16" x 6" (fits in Nautique V-Drive lockers)

Weight: 280+lbs/126+kg

BUYWAKE PRICE $ 199.99

Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-07-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
come on
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-07-2005, 8:39 PM Reply   
Dang, $199 for one sack? Seems a little bit steep, but it does appear to be an innovative idea. I like the quick-connect for the pump.

Well that didn't answer any of your questions, sorry.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-07-2005, 8:46 PM Reply   
That price is for the set. I believe all of the sacks are that way. Vdrives and Wedge sacks are sold as the set.
Old    jzwake            02-08-2005, 6:19 AM Reply   
I am plannign to buy them as well. They just came out so theres probably not many people that can offer insight. I plan to used them in the conventional way rather then plumb them in.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-09-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
Update, I just spoke with wake.com regarding the 3 attachment points. They are to be used with the blue waterbed mattress attachments. I have used these for yrs in a custom ballast without a problem. The sacs are designed to fill the entire rear storage compartments in a SANTE or whatever.. I plan on putting them on top of the factory wedge tanks...
Old    jzwake            02-09-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
CDM, the Fly high pro X sacks use the new quick release Fitting rather then the Waterbed connector.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2005, 12:36 PM Reply   
Seems like shape would work pretty well for under-seat bow sacks too. Well perhaps not on SANs due to cooler, but others. I like the three valve placements for plumbing too.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-09-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
JZ - thanks! does that new quick release fitting attach to all 3 valve placements? What connectors would be needed for a custom install for all three different valve placements? Thanks!

http://www.wakeboat.com/catalog/detail.lasso?sku=FL_ePkUY

http://www.wakeboat.com/catalog/detail.lasso?cat=48&man=Fly%20High&sku=FL_Cs6qf
Old    jzwake            02-10-2005, 6:10 AM Reply   
I think all 3 are the quick release. When I get mine (a month or so) I'll let you know for sure. I'm sure you'll be able to find a fitting at the store to make it work for custom ballast. Fly high may sell you them direct as well.