Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    wsrmatt            03-17-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
Hey guys im just bored and sittin around my computer thinking about wakeboarding. I was thinking about going big and relating it to other sports kinda like snowboarding. I see so many pro wakeboarders doing all thier tricks w2w or not very far into the flats or not at all. Then also it seems like guys dont do enough double ups. When i think about snowboarding and how it is in the media and those guys go BIG. One of my boys growing up is a very successful pro snowboarder (Kurt Wastell) and last night we kept talkin bout wakeboarding over a beer and kurt had peter line in town which was a dream to meet him but we had a few beers and talked about wakeboarding quite a bit. Its pretty cool to here what Peter has to say about wakeboarding considering he started Forum snowboards and is a big baller. We'll they both laugh and aggree wakeboarders go too little way too much. Theyd didnt even refer to it as going small but "wakeboarders go little" As Kurt put it with snowboarding, "Lets get real, do you really think a judge/snowboarder/cameraman would wanna see some add-a-180 flippy gymnastaic trick over a 40 foot hit or a big slow backside 180 over a 100 foot hit." One point i liked what Peter said was saying is that he sees wakeboarding on tv and it seems like a big gymnastaic contest that rarely goes higher than like 8 feet off the water. he laughs cuz he said only maybe once they go big and do something cool or worth watching then i explained to him thats what a double up is and so forth. So now im thinking all day bout how cool it was to meet peter and drink with him but then it sucks what they think about wakeboarding even though they do it and have fun with it. Ive been competeing snowboarding on the amature level for the past while and when i think about it, imagine a snowboard contest run or whatever but all hard tricks on all the little jumps with one big jump at the end and rails in between. Thats how wakeboarding is right now when somehow the guys should be going huge off dubs the whole time. Kurt and Peter are in town for two more days so ill talk to them some more tonight and try and get some feedback but one thing they wouldnt stop talking about is wakeskating since they both rip hard on skateboards. k ill stop rambling now