Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (scottwbc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-02-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
Hey guys! There has been a little confusion about the axis and what its has to offer. Waterski America has one of the new A22 at the Dallas boat show and i wanted to give everyone a little more info on it seeing as how i got to look at it this past weekend. It starts at $39,995 but comes standard with the Ar335 motor which is 335 hp, 900 lbs of hard below floor tanks as well as Speed Control, Tandem Axle Trailer w/Disc Brakes, Fiberglass Swim platform, Storage/Side Panel LED Lighting, FatAX Wakeboard Tower and tracking fins. The boat has a ton of other options that comes stock on it. Above-engine Storage Bin(The tray that sits above the motor),Locking Glove Box and the Skybox Slide Seating. There is probably some stuff that i forgot to add but i really think the boat is a super good deal. If anyone can make it out to the show stop by the Waterski America booth and check it out.

* Oversized Stainless Cup Holders
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-02-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
is that motor fuel injected?
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-02-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
How many lbs can you upgrade the tanks?
Old     (scottwbc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-02-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
Yep. Multi-port Fuel Injection
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
It didn't look FI to me but I didn't look at it that closely. I thought I remember seeing a carb. What did the grab bars in the bow look like on that one? The boat at the Portland show looked cheap. I think they should have moved it away from the Malibu's. It was hard to get in the Axis and then go look at the Moomba's and keep my Malibu brand loyalty.
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-02-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
It is MPI, you saw the air cleaner which looks like a carb.
This Boat can be equipped with fatsacs specially made for the compartments in the interior. Optionally, you can have exposed plumbing with disconnects on the ballast tanks, simply unhook the tanks, hook up the bags and hit fill on the dash. Vioala! 2200lbs without the wedge, add 1000# if you like wedge wake. Brilliant idea IMHO
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-02-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
That is nice. I wonder if they'll have one at the Sac boat show?
Old     (scottwbc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-02-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
It is a great idea (xsmini), The way they designed the boat to fit more sacks is a sweet. The grab bars are made out of a polished aluminium and fit and look great on the boat.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-02-2009, 4:27 PM Reply   
i saw this boat the past weekend, and it was awesome imho...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-02-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
looks like another add.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-02-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
Scott, I thought the exact opposite about the grab bars in the boat. I thought they were horrible looking and uncomfortable. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-02-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
scott i think the big issue is the marketing for thid boat is what is confusing people.You can take the boat shows and the few Axisdemo boats coming in that are being shown.The issue is all these boats are full of add on bling that brought the price near 50k like the rediculous trailer with 20 inch or bigger bling rims and other add-ons..Look the problem would be solved if tim and other ordered both a loaded boat with max price on it and the 39k boat with basic options ,have them side by side with prices clear.This will give a clear picture of what you can get on both spectrums in person right on the spot.

so if i was at a boat show looking for the "Price point" Axis boat,i can actually see the base boat i can get for 39k.. simple but with all this online and water demos and the floor and boat show models loaded out wiuth high sticker price it is just turning people toward the other boats close in price with the proven name..

my opinion but hey..
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-02-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
if it was any other brand than a malibu im sure you wouldnt have said anything nick.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-02-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
Nick you meant another AD right? :-)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-02-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
Haha, pwned.

Yes.

A.D.D. is what I was trying to say....um, errr... uhh.... i lose.

I mean the guy is promoting waterski america, correct?
He works for WBC wake school correct?
WBC is sponsored by waterski america, correct.
Just saying, it looks like a connection.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-02-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
Nick go take your riddlin.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-02-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
Woooop woooop
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-03-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
I was wondering if when someone went to check it out, they would get to talk to Scott too. Or did he just work on the weekend?
Old     (scottwbc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-03-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Yes i do work for WBC and we are sponsored by Malibu and yes i am working at the boat show for my sponsors, but i have nothing to do with axis i feel it a good deal on the boat. If you can get a $70,00 0 boat at a $45,000 dollar price i don't understand what people are worried about.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-03-2009, 12:35 PM Reply   

quote:

If you can get a $70,00 0 boat at a $45,000 dollar price i don't understand what people are worried about.

Welcome to WakeWorld.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-03-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
it comes stock with tracking fins? no way......thats unheard of