Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (sjohnson)      Join Date: May 2007       02-05-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Upload

We were cruisin with 2 boats close together and brainstormed about hittin this seems like it would throw you pretty good.

Also, if you have 2 boats you can make a half pipe type area. Has anyone experimented with this?
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-05-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS0KqS7NbI

at the start of that video he is on top of that
Old     (sjohnson)      Join Date: May 2007       02-05-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
Nice find! He's slidin it though. Still cool, but I wanna see someone get blasted off it! The landing would probably suck.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-05-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
It's called a spine, and yes many people ride them for fun. Make sure you have two attentive drivers at all times when running one.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-05-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
OMG! He's wearing boardshorts over a full length wetsuit in that video! RUN AWAY!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-05-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
I have. At least when I tried the wake it created was super steep. To steep to hit. You could jib it and slide it but as soon as I tried to hit it I flew out of my boots, my board stopped dead when I hit it. The nose of my board plowed right threw the wake. Doesnt Shane hit one in some video?
Old    justinh            02-05-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
The spine is always a treat. It is easy to re-enter like a quarter pipe, or even more fun, hit it with zero crossing speed and transition the other side. You go up like a double up, but cover no ground--it is different.

There are a lot of creative things you can do on it, but the trick is finding 2 boats and 2 very good drivers.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-05-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
i have, many times...mainly while wake sufing. it's super tough to drive, and you end up geting the boats SOAKED because they are so close. But it is fun!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-05-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
"you end up getting the boats SOAKED because they are so close. But it is fun!"

You've got to be doing something terribly wrong if your getting the boats soaked.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-05-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
I watched Murray session one from the boat once. That was a treat. He was doing roll to revert off it and stale re-entries. Pretty fun stuff.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-05-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
We've been surfing for years with two boats running parallel. It takes 1 driver with pp and 1 with a good attention span and very little weight. Makes a bowl that you can ride forever and very little CO exposure.

Something else fun to try is riding towards a Friend's boat and hitting the wake right after the boat passes. Note, Only do with a friend's and good drivers. It's a different feel since you're hitting the wake at a much different angle than normal, not as fun as triple up whips, though.

Amazing the stuff we used to experiment with when gas was 89 cents a gallon in the early nineties.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-05-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
when wake surfing the rider is so close that the boats have to be close so the wakes converge in the right spot. the boats end up being about 5 feet apart and the spray from the boats spray in the other.

I guess if you let the rope out and just wake surf the big bump you wont get the boats so close and wet, but then you cant wakesurf the wake.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-05-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
we used to have a bunch of stand up jet-skis (still do, but back then my dad was a badarss on em). he and his friends used to get two boats going parallel like that going about wakesurfing speed creating that huuuge ramp between the two boats... they would get on the standups and haul straight at them, go between the two boats and hit that huge ramp. the air they got off that thing was absolutely ridiculous!
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-05-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
ye i told my friend to do that on his jetski but we never got around to it . we will hopefully this summer and get it on video so we can laugh at it
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-05-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
i find it more fun to launch the normal wake but clear both sets of wakes
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-05-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Erich Schmaltz...photo from Integrity-Wake.com
Upload
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-05-2008, 11:15 PM Reply   
heres a vid of dual wake wakesurfing.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZPdtaIdzlw
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-06-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
how fast are they going in that video. that looks like alot of fun. gotta try that this year