Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-23-2009, 1:26 PM Reply   
Wanted to show off the new boards. The Black Pearl Yellow is mine and the Swallow is my buddy's.

I have been playing with lots of different fin setups on the BP, and have actually liked all of the setups. It is really fun to ride it different ways; locked in, super loose...but was wondering what setups y'all are using on either board. I am willing to try every possible combo of fins to see what I like the absolute best.

(Sorry for crappy phone quality pic)
Upload
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-23-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
How does your buddy like the swallow? I've been looking at that one myself, especially because of the quad fin setup. How does it compare to other boards? My other board is a shred stixx, which is 3 fin....I prefer to the two outer fins only setup myself.
Old     (codespanker)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-25-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
I just got a Swallow and I love it! This is my third season wakesurfing, having moved from a broadcast to a blue lake and now to a swallow. The swallow is so fast, and quite a bit narrower than a broadcast or blue lake. I feel like its much more precise.

I pulled my first 360 this weekend on my second time on it.

It also looks awesome with the clear wood underneath and simple white/black top.

I couldn't be more pleased with mine
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-26-2009, 5:27 AM Reply   
Precise is a pretty good word to describe the Swallow. It felt like it tracked in the face so much better than anything I have ridden before, maybe the fin setup, plus I'm used to skim style boards. I could def tell the nose width was narrower than what I am used to, but once I adjusted, I had a blast on it. I hit the 3 on it my second time on it as well!
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2009, 6:36 AM Reply   
sold! I think I'm gonna get one then....
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-26-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
I tried a Blue earlier this week, I cant get that board out of my head it rode so well. Im thinkin that Swallow is on my "WANT!!" list. Now to figure how to come up with the bread for it...Back to the plasma bank I suppose.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-26-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
You can donate sperm too....

just sayin
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-26-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Does it have to be healthy sperm? or can the little guys have asthma ? I wan't to ride a swallow also. My buddy called and said he has the IS Sweet Spot. Has anyone rode this? and how do you think it would compare to the Swallow
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-26-2009, 2:32 PM Reply   
They have to swim better than Phelps.
Old     (libertylake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-27-2009, 5:17 PM Reply   
I just got a Sweet Spot last night. All I can say is WOW. I have been riding at about 10mph on every board Shred Stixx, Drew Phase 5, Black Pearl, etc. The Sweet Spot took us to 13.2 mph. Its that fast! I was close to getting air my first set. I had two others ride the board with the same thoughts. Great board, I can't wait to ride it again.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-28-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
Ok, this is a newbe question so don't yell at me. How do you know if one board is faster than another and when you should speed up the boat? We have a CWB Ride. Is this considered a fast board? Is it also dependant on the weight of the rider?
Sorry about hijacking this thread.
Old     (spolk69)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-29-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
I GOT THE CARBON SWEET SPOT 3 WEEKS AGO .IT IS BAD ASS.....