Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    upupnaway            01-22-2004, 7:30 AM Reply   
Does anyone have a drysuit similar the 2004 oneil boost, or the bare polar heat? you can see both of them here. http://www.shuswapsnb.com/O'Neill.html
The snug fitting bottom (bare) looks to be easier to trick in, but how warm is it?
How well do drysuits take the punishment of boarding?
any input would be appreciated!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-22-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
i recommend a baggy suit over a neoprene suit. the simple reason being you can decide how much warmth you want. layer up a bunch or not, depending on the temp that day. also it will fit more people if that is important to you.

I have some friends with the o'neill and they like it.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-22-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
The O'neil was really nice, but the neck seal was pretty stiff and way to tight for my liking. I sent it back to shuswap and swaped out for the Bare Ultradry. I've only used it once so far but it worked like charm.

I would also second what Tim said.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-22-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
i've used both, i like the baggy better too. with the snug fit, you have to strip down a little or have your shorts bunched up with your boys....that gets uncomfortable. and its not fun when its really cold. with the baggy, sweat pants and all stay on if you want.
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-22-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
My husband and I both have the O'Neills, and love them.
Old    missjade            01-22-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
I've tried a few of them and my favorite overall are the BARE ultra dry. You won't get ANY water inside and they are baggy, enough room to move for wakeboarding. I can layer as much or little as I want. Grizzly sports sells them for $250 with tax and shipping included. Best investment ever made.
Old    upupnaway            01-22-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone! How far do you push your riding while in a drysuit? do you ride like normal, or take it easy?
Old    missjade            01-23-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
with a BARE, you can do everything that you'd do without, if not more.
Old    upupnaway            01-23-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
Thank you Jade, I appreciate the help