Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    davec            03-13-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
Curious to see a Searay 2000-2002 190, 185 or 182 with a tower. I have a 2002 182.
Old    leggester            03-13-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
You've got mail - too big for this site.
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-13-2003, 3:18 PM Reply   
Here's mine but its older and I made the tower.
Old    wakeboardbum247            03-14-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
damn dude that tower looks like it was a factory tower u said u made it
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-14-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
Yep I sure did, thanks for the props. I have drawings on it if anyone wants them let me now and I'll forward them to you.

Later,
Steve
Old    davec            03-14-2003, 8:53 AM Reply   
Yah, Steve send me those drawings. What did the materials cost you? I see the original bimini still fits as well!
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-14-2003, 8:55 AM Reply   

That is by far the best homemade tower I have ever seen. Man, you got skills.
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-14-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
David,
I decided to design it around the bimini and wanted the proflight look. I think the pipe 2" .125 wall @60' was $230.00 and I had the scrap to machine the plugs and what have you. I had to pay a bender to mandril bend it which was the rough part only $200.00 but (3) months for him to get to it. Then I welded it up and mounted it the toughest part was to drill the holes but I love it and have received many compliments. I was beached at a local lake and a guy had a X-9 next to me and even gave me props. I want to have it powder coated next to match the boat but am thinking about selling to get a larger comp. boat. I am sending the drawings now. Overall cost is around $400.00 and I have been asked by at least three others to buld them one but I just don't have the time. Good Luck,
Steve
Old    blackhawk            03-15-2003, 7:49 AM Reply   
I sent you and E-mail, send me the drawings too.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-19-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
Dude,

That is one very sweet tower you've created, huge skills. You need to start making those and get a litte side business going & make some extra coin. Some of the most innovative ideas I've ever seen have come from basement and back yard guys like you with passion, much more so than the big "we are the greatest" companies with great marketing blurbs and big ad budgets from massive margins. There is a lot of room in the market, go for it.

Bill
www.MonsterTower.com
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-19-2003, 9:26 PM Reply   
OOPS, got so damn philosophical I forgot to post my SeaRay, it's a 95' SeaRay Ski Ray and I love it. The guys I ride with all have sweet inboards and v-Drive that make a much better wake. They dis me regularly and now call me "Outboard Boy" on Lake Lanier. Oh well, it's paid off!

Outboard Boys Ride
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-20-2003, 6:22 AM Reply   
Just make sure and forward that $60.00 check to Correct Craft. Don't want to get sued do you?