Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    boozcruz33            02-12-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
Now that Correct Craft dealers are painting the towers to match the boat color, can they also paint the flight clips? I think some color combinations wouldn't look right with the black racks...
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-13-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
You probably want them pink, right?
Old    boozcruz33            02-13-2003, 2:42 PM Reply   
I was thinking more along the lines of gray or polished aluminum, but I can look into pink for you if you are interested...
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
I think the flight clips would be cool painted, however, on my boat I'm painting the tower white (silver cloud) and I don't know if they are painting the flight clips. Either way I don't care, it will look cool either way, because I think the painted towers ROCK!
Old    danno            02-13-2003, 3:30 PM Reply   
Are the flight clips aluminum?

I don't know how many different color variations are available for aluminum annodizing, but I don't think it takes paint very well in a marine environment.

Our CC has Wake Designs board racks (not crazy about them, but that's another story).

(Message edited by danno on February 13, 2003)
Old    indo            02-14-2003, 5:42 AM Reply   
im sure u can get them powder coated that is the way most of the towers are anyways
Old    gotpwr            02-14-2003, 2:15 PM Reply   
I called my CC dealer and Midwest CC about getting some white flight clips for my white tower last August, and was told that they don't powder coat flights clips. Maybe you can get an aftermarket company to do it, but as of last August CC wouldn't do it.
Old    boozcruz33            02-14-2003, 3:09 PM Reply   
I just spoke with the CC dealer in Orlando and they are willing to paint flight clips the color of the tower. I would assume that if they would do it, any of the CC dealers would...
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-14-2003, 3:19 PM Reply   
flight clips? same color? good question!

Since I have a new boat on order, I just called my dealer to ask that question. He said that he would contact the factory to see if he could get the flight clips raw, so they could be painted the same as the tower (all west coast boats come with unpainted towers and they get painted here).

I will update when I get word from my dealer.

Rod