Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
I might be in a tournament saturday this is my first one ever. If you guys had any tips that would be great.
Old    DRA            03-16-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
Have fun, try and relax and have fun.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-16-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
What division are you competing in? Like DRA said, just have fun and don't worry if you don't ride well. Think about a few things you want to do in your run but don't over-analyze every hit on the wake. Good luck!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-16-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
Just have fun. If your adrenaline is pumping at the dock, ask for 1 mph faster than your usual.
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
the lowest devision. I guess that is beginner It is still not definite
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-16-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
yup, just go out and have fun and hang out with other wakeboarders.

I was nervous in my first tournament, but ended up doing really well because I was having fun.

Some of the grass roots contests usually have a few falls, so don't worry about it. Nobody is going to "BOO" you because you did bad. You will find out that no matter how you ride, other wakeboarders will highly support you.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            03-16-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
Just go out there and have FUN and meet some new riders, make some new friends. Its all about having a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!! just like you do when you are out riding with your friends and family.
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-16-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
A couple of things I do and think about, I like to get in the water right before I ride,before I get my board on, just dunking my head a few times and getting wet feels good, relaxes me, feels like any tension I had just floats away. Also I like to say "hi/hey" to the guys in the boat,maybe thank them, before I take off from the dock, make eye contact with them, that way in my head they're just like some new guys out on the lake, not judges. And finally something Charlie Patterson told me a million years ago, ride for yourself, don't ride to try and beat the next guy, be stoked for him to do his best as well.
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
I am deffenitaly going tomarrow.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
Enter the right division for your riding level. I've been involved in a number of grass roots tournaments and it never fails that someone will show up who has never ridden a contest before so therefore signs up in the novice division (because it's his 1st contest) then goes out and through down 3 inverts and a 360 and is then mad when he gets bumped. Like everyone else said have fun, meet new riders. Grass roots contest are all about sharing the stoke. Good luck and tell us how it was
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-16-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
i agree with every one else, haha have fun. my first contest i thought i did terrible but ended up getting first. Good Luck!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-16-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
don't fall
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
I think you get points for touching the water with one hand, and smiling and waving at the boat judges too - free points baby, yah!
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-17-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
I did not get to do it because I didnt have waver. But at least I got to watch.