Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-13-2007, 10:28 PM Reply   
Ok I got y second issue. First one was the boat test second one was the board one. This mag sucks-really. The board reviews are just a big add. They didnt test crap-all they did was spit out the propaganda that the manufacturers have to say. No acutual tests to be seen. Same as the boat reviews, just a big add. O and why? Well hmm lets see, when you have such a niche mag you cant say anything bad about your limited number of sponsors or yup you guessed it - lost revenue. So to sum it up if you would like to pay $15 bucks a year for literature you can get for free, common sense advice, and of course page after page of regular adds then go sign up.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-13-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
this is why we have wakeworld. To keep us sane.

And if you buy wakeboarding mag for reviews, you are nuts. Go test stuff yourself, or talk to others on WW, and get some real opinions. Buy wakeboarding for great photos to cut out, and stick on your wall. Or, if you read alliance, for the great articles.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-14-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
The only advantage to WBM is that it's easier to hold than my laptop while taking a crap. Aside from that I get all the content I need right here at Wakeworld.com
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-14-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
Let's not forget those lazy ass photographers.. you only see them out there for like the last 1.5 hours of the day most of the time.. jeeze!

>>if you haven't guessed it, this post is oozing with sarcasm<<

And what's up with all the hating?
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       03-14-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
Yea, but the Reef ads make up for all the short comings!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-14-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
hating and being critical are two different things. I would say that most of his frustrations are warranted.
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-14-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
I agree w/ Matt, next year I'll switch to Alliance. Richard is also correct, good bathroom material, except the subscription inserts hold the magazine open. which makes crapping more of a challenge.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-14-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
yea, my laptop gets hot, so the mag wins there. thats about it. old issues of playboy are hard to beat.

Hate? i see no hate.

Whats up with the crappy magazine?
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-14-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
LOL I just realized that the original posted calls ads "adds"... and signs off with "to sum it up"

call George Bush! Someone left this kid behind! :-)
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-14-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
was the board review thing supposed to be an actual "test/review" of how the products performed, or was it just a review of the upcoming year's product? I gathered that it was more of the latter...

pardon me if they actually tested the boats. i didn't even read it becuase I'll never be buying one.

Anyway, originally I didn't like the format (focusing only on the new stuff and not everything that's coming out for the year), but this year they had a bunch of new wakeskates in there with some nice product angles.

PS there isn't any magazine that's going to diss a product that's from one of their advertisers.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-14-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
and since the entire industry is represented by 3, soon to be 4 publications, they all advertise in all of them, so we'll never get a clear picture of one product vs. another. At least in mags.

Product testing/reviews is not why i have subscription.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-14-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
Tim's right. That Reef ad was off the hook But the magazine is a big waste of time. Too many ads and no valuable content.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-14-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
I try not to be too critical of the mag, but the gear guide this year is pathetic. 4-5 pages on why to buy a board and how it'll give you style (contradicting all the sayings that you can't buy style)and then limited product showings. I know they're limiting it to new products, but where's the Byerly board? The Hyperlite bindings didn't change anything but names. I used to get the mag to compare all product of the year to get an idea of what I should really look at. It just doesn't make sense to only do the "new" product when its not new news to anyone. They're a couple months late with it anyway, a lot like with the event coverage in the same mag (back in September there was this thing called Nationals). I understand ad money and the need to accomodate the companies, but it's getting flat out lame. The boat issue gives a half grassed opinion on the wake, which all end up sounding the same.
Old     (morty)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-14-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
Actually swami the word "sum" was used correctly, maybe we should call George Bush and tell them about you. It's ok we all make mistakes. Look it up on http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sum check out number 10.
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-14-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
LOL I wasn't saying Sum was used incorrectly, it was just funny. What happens when you add things? you get the sum. (ie sum it up)

Get it?

And W knows about me already, I'm kinda a big deal. LOL!
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-14-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Actually Swami my post was a very complex Syphr with the gramatical errors being they key to unlocking the code. Which you would find after much toyle realy all means that I am Rick James Bitch!
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-14-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
So what about those spelling errors?
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-14-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
Those mean that I did your mom!

(Message edited by duckguy on March 14, 2007)