Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old    oldman1025            03-12-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
anyone know anything/own a CWB Pure? just wondering what ya'll think of it. and/or anything about the CWB Torq w/ hinge tech. thanks
Old     (jolly)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-12-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
it is a great setup at a great price and even a few of the pro riders like Jeff House rock the pure so you know it can perform at all levels
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       03-13-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
Isn't the Pure the old Absolute shape? Does anyone know for sure?
Old    DRA            03-13-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
Yes it is, I am not sure on the year either a 03 or 04 shape. Evan/J-rod wanna give the correct year. The flame is also an old absolute shape.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-13-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
Well, that's sorta true.... Up to '06 the Pure was the '03 Absolute shape. For '07 the Pure and the Kink were gently re-shaped at the tip and tail. The are still essentially the '03-'04 Absolute, but not exactly the same like they used to be ('06 Pure='03 Absolute/'06 Flame='04 Absolute).

Still a great board (both of them). Like Nick said, Jeff House is on the Kink (I believe) and it doesn't hold him back at all. The only change I'd suggest to the package you are thinking of is that I'd try to go with the Faction bindings if it's going to be your setup. If it's a boat board, then the Torq's will work great. The Factions are just a bit more size specific, and as such it's usually easier to get a better fit from them.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       03-13-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
I rode the Marius all last year and like it alot but is a little slow. I then bought a new Watson and love it, but my first few sets this year were on an 03 Absolute that I was gonna use as my community board for the boat. Wow! I seem to be ripping it on the older Absolute! I think it all boils down to rider style.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-13-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
Jimmy Wolf is also riding the new Pure. He was at Folsom yesterday while we were riding.

"Up to '06 the Pure was the '03 Absolute shape."

Without looking, I think that actually happened in 05. Prior to 05 the Pure was the 02 Absolute shape which lacks some of the more modern mold features like the spine, and deeper molded fins.

Nevertheless, the Pure has always been a former pro mold. the 03-04 Absolute / Flame / Kink / 05-06 Pure is my second all-time favorite shape.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-13-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Yeah, that's true... The Pure has changed shapes over the years. The older one was a older Absolute. The other board that's a lot of fun is the Sol which is the '01/'02 Absolute shape. Super fast.

Sorry, before '06 I don't know too much about which Pure was what. I started riding the Pure last year and loved it.