Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (europarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-11-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
That´s the question. Im a cable rider, the use of the board is only for a cable, your opinion?

P.D. Sorry about my english, im latin!!! xD
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-11-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
The shane is a much better CABLE board than the watson if you are into doing air tricks because it is much faster. If you are into sliders mainly for cable, then i would go watson because it has built in fins and the fins that come on the shane would probably rip off now on the other hand the shane will have much better flex on sliders and you will be able to press the hell out of it. So Air Tricks-Shane, Mainly Sliders-Watson
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-11-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
I agree with Kyle the Shane is a much better cable board. You can make long hard cut's on the shane. I had the shane and rode it mainly cables and didn't have a problem with the fins breaking on the sliders, but I did have a problem with the board breaking. In my experience LF boards do don't hold up on sliders at all. Mine only lasted 3 months. The new byerly holds up great on sliders because of the way they designed the molded fins. I personally like the O'brien Natural best for cable. I would like the Shane best but it can't handle sliders for too long.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-11-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
This is what they said about the Byerly

"Molded-in ABS fins allow for a quick responsive ride all the way through the release, while proving indestructible on sliders and fun boxes. A defined belly channel for super soft landings finishes off the inaugural board of the Byerly line."
Old     (europarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-11-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
Thanks to much bros!!.

I want it for air tricks, the question is about the board edges, because i see de LF PS3 06 and have rounded edges, and when you go to cut (make diagonal for make the air trick), the board slides and dont take hold.

The shane board 07 have a rounded edges or and beak form?, and watson 07?

P.D. pffff sorry for my english please!!!!!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-11-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
the watson or the shane do not have rounded edges...if that's what you're asking
Old     (jwharan)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-13-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
what does cable mean?
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       03-13-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
@ James
Cable =

Cable wakeboarding is simply wakeboarding while being pulled not by a boat, but by an overhead cableski system. It’s definitely the coolest addition to the distinguished list of extreme sports throughout the world, because it combines the best of the extreme nature of wakeboarding without the need for (or expense of) a boat. Cable is an enormously valuable and important element of the entire sport of wakeboarding.

Link: http://www.cablewakeboard.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemi d=46

@ EuropeRiderco

Here in The Netherlands they ride with the Ps3 and the Shane. A few people ride with the watson. For the cable a continuous rocker is better then a 3-stage. so check also the liquid force team!
Old     (quickpilot1010)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-17-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
i just ordered a pair of 06 watson bindings, does anyone use the liquid locks to attach the bindings to the board or are the screws better?
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-17-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
How much faster is the shane vs. the watson? Also how grippy, is the shane. This would be compared to a '04 premier.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-17-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
mattW,

use the screws