Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-06-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
I got a new ronix one about a month ago. I have only ridden it 4 times for about 45 minutes each time. The top of the board is starting to delam and there are cracks where it looks like the binding inserts are starting to pop out. Has this happen to any other ronix rider. On top of that i also ride cell bindings and one of the toggles has already broken off. Of course this is all worth it since i have landed like 10 1080s so far. But in all seriousness has anyone else run into quality issues such as this with ronix.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-06-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
I am sure they will warranty. But then you might keep fighting the warranty battle every 2 weeks when your stuff breaks again.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-06-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
do you think they will just give me my money back cause i really dont wanna deal with it
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-06-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
what??? lightweight boards are more prone to breaking? its probably because you can only ride one bindings on the one board. just send it in for warranty.
Old     (shredthegnar)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-06-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
this thread is worthless without pictures
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-06-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
sorry shean i was out shredding on my ski board and pulling gnarly fashion airs to take any pictures
Old     (shredthegnar)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-06-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
wow. you may want to re-read that tiger.

serious. post some pics of the faulty product.

(Message edited by shredthegnar on March 06, 2007)
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-07-2007, 12:00 AM Reply   
Hey Joe, the first one we had cracked after 2 sets. There were hairline cracks pretty much all over the board and a full crack at the thickest part of the board.
Board was exchanged asap under warranty and the new one is keeping up without any problems since.

Contact Ronix and hopefully discovere the same service we did.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-07-2007, 6:10 AM Reply   
its called R & D :-)
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-07-2007, 11:45 AM Reply   
Any problems with the Frontier doing the same?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-07-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
nope. I've been destroying my frontier on sliders all the time and is holding up way better than anything I had before (which is alot). I quite honestly didn't think it would last so long being that light, but its taking me by surprise.

Joe, call ronix, they should take care of you. I've yet to see that happen on any of the "ones".
Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-07-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
I've ridden my One at least thirty times (30-50 min sets) and there's nothing wrong with mine at all. However, the string in the toggle on the One bindings did pop out two days ago, easy fix, unscrew the toggles and put it back in.

(Message edited by dekay on March 07, 2007)
Old    gotwake123            03-07-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
dude my ronix one is doing the same thing
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-07-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
i have the covin with the cell boots for over a month and ride multiple times a week. my board still looks brand new and i have had zero problems with it. why dont you stop wasteing your time on here bashing a company thats trying to progress the sport and call them up and get a warranty replacement. you obviously have a faulty product. dont be mad just because you bought a new board and thought you were gona land a bunch of new tricks
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-07-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
still no pics?
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-07-2007, 11:21 PM Reply   
There might be Byerly reps-just mad cause ronix weighs 18lbs less.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2007, 3:42 AM Reply   
Ronix rules.....it just might be the bad P.R. that happens to every new company. I learned in a sales marketing class that this happens often. Like the rats found at KFC....a lie. Just trying to damage the reputation. I have not had the privilege of riding my Frontier.....but I can hardly wait. It will be a while...we still have 8+ inches of ice on the lakes:-( But the good news the 50 temps are returning this next week. So hopefully a thaw is on it's way.
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-08-2007, 6:28 AM Reply   
i was down at the projects camp over winter break and rode my ronix for a week straight, 4 sets a day and still looks like brand new
just call them up and if you haven't hit any rails you'll be good
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-08-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
Scott, why does Ronix rule?

please advise.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-08-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
"have the covin with the cell boots for over a month and ride multiple times a week. my board still looks brand new and i have had zero problems with it. why dont you stop wasteing your time on here bashing a company thats trying to progress the sport and call them up and get a warranty replacement. you obviously have a faulty product. dont be mad just because you bought a new board and thought you were gona land a bunch of new tricks"

-Billy E im not bashing ronix if i didnt like ronix i wouldnt have bought new ronix boots and board if I didnt support them and there product I also apoligize for expecting for expecting quality from my $400 board. I never said i was gonna land a bunch a tricks i was just playin of some rants about ronix. So quite being ignorant. im just disapointed with the quality and its obviously an issue seeing how it has happen to other people.

I called them and they told me i should ride it till it breaks because they are running low on The one 142.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-08-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
Guys once again there are 3 people on this board that says this has happen to them So its not the only "faulty" board
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-08-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
K - so, post some pics.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-08-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
BTW - this user registered 2 days ago and these are his only posts. Is 'D Town' Dallas, Joe? Where do you ride?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-08-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
Yo Billy! When did he bash them? Sounds like he's just seeing how rare or not his situation has occurred. Did he hurt your feelings? Do you claim that much pride in your wakeboard brand? They paying you or what?

Skate or Die!! Ronix for life Man!! One day you will laugh, hopefully.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            03-08-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
Yep the Big "D" is Dallas. I dont think Joe is being unfair, If it was any other brand I am sure he would have done the same thing, thats one of the things riders do on here discuss product and I have seen many riders on here ask riders that bought Ronix to post up what they think of the product and how it holds up!
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
Getting older......I rode the Covin and the One. It is good stuff. rides different than anything else I rode. I can hardley wait until I ride the Frontier.
Old     (jrw)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-08-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Just get it warrentied. Ive heard several stories of ronix boards snapping and inserts ripping out but its not like they are the only company with boards that break. Ive also heard of hyperlites breaking and liquid force too.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-08-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
This was posted on www.endofropegang.com March 2nd

How about I took my brand new Ronix One 142 for the second time (just got it for christmas), came down in the flats and the board buckled, right inbetween my feet. now im back going to Liquid Force (thanks thomas)
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-08-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
Here's a link to one on wakeboarder.com

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=65941&start=0&sid=20246b5cd7cc8762 a5ea8cfc6cb3b8f4

I wouldn't bash Joe for bringing it up. If I had a new board (no matter what brand) and it broke, I would want to know if any one else was experiencing the same thing.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-08-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
does anyone know how to register ronix products on their website?
Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       03-08-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
Man...the best part about this so far is that stephen p. , who i consider to be "mr. danny harf signed ronix one....wait, I might be switching to Hyperlite" , is also having problems with his Ronix One. I love that guys Ronix posts, pure entertainment
Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       03-08-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
seriously though, I bought the one as well. I guess i couldnt wait to have the next best thing. I hope they fix their construction issues. good luck with your warranty.
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-08-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
Also, not even talking brand specific and I'm not taking any sides but any new product on the market be it a wakeboard, camera, computer software, etc. is going to have bugs that need to be worked out their first year. I would say give them a year to get organized work all the kinks out then start comparing them to the other companies. Yes in an ideal world everything would be 100% all the time from every company but the reality is a brand new company in its infancy will always run into problems. Just give them time. They'll figure it out. And I'm sure they have a warranty that can/will replace your board. Just my .02

Also still curious why we haven't seen any pics....
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-08-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
Jerome sorry i registered two days ago and im not an og like yourself i guess that makes my post not valid? jk Guys thanks for the support i didnt want to open up a can of worms. sorry about that can someone tell me how to upload pics so i can
Old     (jordanb05)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-08-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Upload it somewhere and then paste the link
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-08-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
Bess-

I think that most people (that know about Ronix)are expecting top notch product from Ronix right off the bat. Ronix is a new company, but definately not new to the business. The guys at Ronix have been around since the beginning. I know that they will get everything worked out. Their learning curve will be very quick. I'm glad that there are companies out there (like Ronix) willing to push new ideas/technology into the market.
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-08-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
Greg I agree, I know those guys know what they're doing but even still I think they were bound to run into a few stumbling blocks right out the gate especially with trying so many new/different things in their line. No doubt in my mind they will sort them out and have one of, if not THE, top of the line products.

Any company when trying something new usually runs into some glitches. Even when it is something as simple as a new material. Generally speaking that is.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2007, 3:58 AM Reply   
HEADS UP......I called Ronix yesterday for info on delivery of bindings to my area. I didn't realize at first. But I was talking to Paul O'Brien. Once I finished about my delivery questions. I told him about this post here. Ronix will take care of you. He is very nice and wants his company to succeed. I am sure he will check out this post if he has not done so already. He said that out of the number of One boards sold, less than 1% are having a problem. Like other poster said earlier. It happens to all companies. I was looking at other brands befoer buying my Frontier, and talked with the guys from the Wakehouse/Actionwatersports. They said they have had CWB's, Hyperlite's, Gators, and Liquid Force snap in half. The good news is, they said they have never had a problem with any of the companies honoring the warranty. So if you want to try Ronix...because they are new and different...go for it. If the board breaks....they will take care of you. Just like everyone else in the business.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-09-2007, 5:26 AM Reply   
Greg - I agree, and well said. They've been around the block and should be putting out a high-quality product.

Now, who's Jerome?

(Also, I really do want to see pics. In this day/age, I can guarantee that other companies will plant trolls to discredit a new company's name. I have a friend that does product marketing in bars without anyone around him knowing. This kind of stuff happens all the time)

Joe - post up on DallasWakeboarding.com - we're a good group with lots of support.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-09-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
Thanks ill post some pics when i get home from school. ANd im pretty sure im not a troll, jk.
but thanks for the info on dallaswakeboarding.com i just moved to dallas from atlanta so im still lookin for some good lakes
Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-09-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
Joe,
You might have a gotten a pre-production board.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Do you have the pics?
Old     (shredthegnar)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-13-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
mine cracked too!!!

(see how easy that is?) this is all bs until someone posts pictures. haters.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-14-2007, 4:39 AM Reply   
STILL NO PICS!!! My LF board cracked last night too but I can't show you pics of it. Then my CWB Marius just spontaneously combusted. Has that happened to anyone else? I'll post pics when I get home from school.

i guess some times you've just got to ghost ride the whip
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-14-2007, 5:29 AM Reply   
It is extemely odd that the posters are stating claims of cracks but not providing pics of them. If it is cracked..post pics. It could help you maybe figure out what went wrong. Compare your damage to other posters on here. I remember the old honeycomb Hyperlites becoming delaminated. they don't make them anymore and I am sure that had something to do with it...plus it cost too much to make. If it becomes a big issue with quality, you can bet manufactuers like Ronix will switch gears and fix it right away. And in the process take care of you as well. I really doubt Ronix is having any troubles with their boards. I saw a CWB in a machine that presses the center of the board to measure flexibility and strength. All thes manufacturers use this test. It is incredible how much pressure and weight they apply. I know there is no way I will bend my board that much while riding. But if it breaks..might be a manufacturing flaw in the board...THAT ALL COMANIES EXPERIENCE. So post your pics and call the company and get it replaced. No sense crying over a warranty. If you absolutely do not want the same board....most shops offer a performance warranty. And Ronix has not been to the market long enough for that to expire.
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-14-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
New company, new construction, new products, there will be bugs. Hell Harf broke his One at Worlds and rode a Covin in the finals. Granted it was a preproduction prototype. Ronix will make good on it.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-15-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
once again im not bashing ronix. its kinda odd when people are like your just hating on ronix or you work for another company. i just wanted to remind you that I invested over 800 bucks in ronix. i couldnt be more happy with the way their products ride only durability concerns me. Scott i dont need to compare to figure out wat is happening to my board the binding inserts are ripping out plain and simple theres no inner meaning to it. I posted this up so others could no that some ronix boards are having some problems and they may want to hold off till next year.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-15-2007, 4:14 PM Reply   
Are you going to post the pics?
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-15-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
There are no pics to post!
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-15-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
wen did you buy ur ronix stuff?
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2007, 4:51 AM Reply   
Joe....let me make it clear. I am not attacking you. You have faulty product. I have bought a Frontier and I am picking up Cell bindings as soon as they come in. Not YOU need to compare to figure out whats happening. WE need to compare. If we are having the same issues. Or we are out riding and notice something (hair line cracks, delamination, boots ripping). It would be nice to see pics of your problems so we can zero in on our product and appropriately call Ronix and give them the low down. I talked with Paul O'Brien last week about my order on the bindings. I mentioned this thread to him and what was being said. His comment was that less than 1% of the One boards have had issues. That is not a big number. I bet if you replace it with the exact same board, you will not have the same problem with it. Call Randy at Action Water Sports 800-394-3227 and ask him about delam and boards snapping in half. He will tell you that he has seen Hyperlite, CWB, Liquid Force,Gonzalez boards all break. Trust me Joe, I have the same concerns as you. I don't want a faulty product. I hope my frontier with the cells turn out to be awesome. But with a performance warranty and a manufacturer warranty I have the security of knowing I can get new product and switch up. If my Ronix Frontier breaks and delams...I will try another Ronix board of the same of different model. If that has problems again...switch brands all together. Paul and Herb O'Brien have been doing this for years and have pioneered designs in water sports. They will not fail. Look at Hyperlite..that was their baby!