Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-02-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
I have a couple of questions for the stereo experts. I have a 06 F250 PSD that I would like to add a double DIN navi unit to. Here's the thing do they make a unit that will offer the following things:

Plays DVD's
Aux video out for an additional monitor
back up camera capable
IPOD compatible
will retain the steering wheel control buttons

Am I dreaming, or does someone make this?
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-02-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
yeah they make it although I'm not too sure about the steering wheel buttons.. check this one out
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16861
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-02-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
I sound like I sell the stuff, but go Eclipse. The 5510 does everything you want and then some. The SWI-ECL should work to keep your steering wheel controls otherwise the universal PAC SWI-X will work.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-02-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
What about the ability to display Nav on one screen and DVD on the aux simultaneously. Thanks for the input so far.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-02-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
Seems kind of frivolous to me, but everyone has their wants I guess. I think the 6610 does what you're looking for. Both disc slots are DVD so I think that would do what you want but you'd have to check with someone that actually sells the stuff. From what I hear neither slot will play DVD MP3 discs though which takes the usefullness of the top DVD away from me.
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       03-02-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
What about all the things Shawn wants and also the capability to watch iPod VIDEO on the screen? Do the units that say "iPod ready" play video or just the music?

Thanks,
Danny