Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
New to the sport, Can I get a big enough wake to surf with just Taps2 and convex v. Or should I also invest in after market hull ballasts?
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
go grab a couple of fat sacs and throw them in the corner. The wake will be big enough to surf, thats about it.
Old     (christopher)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Just find a couple "Wakeboard buddies" as we call them friends (Preferably Cute girls) That don't ride that all they want is some sun and some cold soda on the lake... That is what we do for a monstrous wake... that and a couple fat sacks hidden in various compartments... We have an 06 Enzo with a (?) 250-300 pound sack under the rear port side compartment and then the factory and on a sad day (not so many board buddies we fill up a (?) 400-450 pound sack under the passenger side storage... and we have the switchblade... on a good day the pocket is sooo long and wake is very nice... but with your boat I would try a bunch of people on which ever side you are going to surf and then see how the wake looks from that... then decide how you are going to put your ballast in... We made a mistake and decided to put identical sacs in both rear lockers, because myself and my little bro. couldn't ride portside/switch... so we bought 2 sacs 2 pumps and all of the valves to plumb it in like the factory, thru the hull.. we ordered it all up and got it all put in and the very next time we went out we both started riding switch on the port side and we never even filled up the other rear locker. we have once to wakeboard but that was because it was only 2 of us in the boat... the reason i typed all of that is to tell you not to go and buy all of the stuff without playing around with ideas first...

just my 2 cents
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
Thank's, Fat sack's no fat chick's. Unless they have$$$$ for gas.
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
He's talking about a direct drive boat though. Not a V drive.

I have the fat sack "twins" and a wedge. That is still not enough if two people are in the boat. If I can get about three people on the side w/wedge and sacks I can surf enough to do SMALL lip tricks.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2006, 10:39 PM Reply   
I'll try it this weekend, Thank's bro.