Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            07-10-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
Pictures from the upcoming Pibb Xtra display ads. :-) That's me riding switch, backside in the background.

Upload
Upload
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
ooh switch backside! aren't you fancy :-) i've never tried riding backside
Old    surfdad            07-10-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
I suck at it :-) But it's fun. I know you're like me, you ride switch on your snowboard...I started thinking...what is preventing me from doing the same thing on my wakesurfer, I mean besides talent. :-) It's definately a new challenge.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
yeah i'll have to try it next time :-)
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-10-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
James,
Great product placement photos. I'am sure that my sponsor Pibb Xtra will be happy with the exposure.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-11-2006, 4:08 AM Reply   
where do I get big Pibb stickers for my boat?
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-11-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Jeff, what kind of board are you riding?

Wait I think I can guess.
Old    surfdad            07-11-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
Tom, you are too much! :-) You know I love that JaMako for smaller mushy wakes with small tight pockets. To get an equivalent amount of drive on other boards I have to add 6-8 inches and in so doing, I lose all manuverability. I rode switch backside in that last contest and I've basically only started riding switch about 2 times before the last contest. With longer boards, I would catch the nose in the flats because I don't have the control (yet) to really work the board.

Ok, that is your ALLOTMENT of "Shred Stixx are the best ever" for this week. :-)

Which reminds me, I had to laugh at whomever started talking smack about a board and referred to it as a coffee table.

James and I are planning on making a wakesurfer out of a solid door, complete with the door knob exposed and a huge 6" skeg fin. :-) When we get it finished I'll be selling limited editions - Do' Knob' wakesurfers :-) Handles like warmed over crap, to make you appreciate your coffee table board all that much better :-)
Old     (surfkid)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2006, 9:43 PM Reply   
Hey Dennis if Pibb Extra ever gave you a discount on product they would go bankrupt. By the way thanks for getting the Epic out on the water.