Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-03-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
I was offered a great deal on a Bayliner Capri 1750 LS. Do any of you know how good the wake would be with a bayliner and some fat sacs? I haven't been on a bayliner in years and don't remember if the wake was good or not.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-03-2005, 4:50 PM Reply   
depends on what they want for it... if it is around 10 k I would suggest looking for an older direct drive.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-03-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
I have a 175xt and Im really happy with my wake. You can trim the motor up and and down to create a bigger or smaller wake. Its not going to be the wake of a direct or V drive with all the goodies, but I can get up there and go W2W.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-03-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
I have a 2003 175, I put a monster tower on it, with 5 people in the boat it throws a decent wake. Check out my profile pic. ... then check out the wake pics of a x1 or SAN and you will see the huge diff. I have to charge hard at the wake to get decent pop.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-04-2005, 3:44 AM Reply   
looks a little small but not bad, you don't have fat sacs in there do you?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-04-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
I would look for a older direct drive or even a vdrive if you can afford it. with an I/o you can get an ehh wake out of it, but if you get an inboard there is alot more wake building potential.