Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cathy)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-08-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
I'm just getting into surfing and so far I love it. I've ridden a couple boards including the Hyperlite Broadcast 4'8, Liquid Force ??? 5'0 and Shredd Stixx Original 5'6. It took some getting used to but my favorite by far was the Shredd Stixx. My question is, for my size (5'8, 125lbs) and being a beginner, is there anything I should know or consider before I make the investment in this board?

Thanks!
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-08-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
Call inland surfer...
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-08-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
Hey Cathy,
I live just up the hill from you in Shingle Springs, I have a Blue Lake from Inland surfer you could try if that is the way you want to go. My daughter really likes the ShredStixx. You should talk to Jerry Price at Shredstixx. You would probably love the 4'11" Jamako at your size. I can ride it at 260 but it is much better suited to your size. All of Jerry's boards are stable with the option of changing the fin size to loosen up the board for more advanced tricks. Send me a PM if you need any further information.
Dennis
Old    surfdad            08-09-2006, 5:37 AM Reply   
Cathy, you sound tall and thin. The 5'6" is a touch more board than you need or WILL need after a few rides. It sounds like you are buying a used board? If that's true, you might want to give Jerry at Shred Stixx, a call. He sometimes gets returns or has demo's for sale. I think you might like his new Thresher design better. Especially if you can get your hands on his new styro/epoxy construction. If you live close enough to Discovery Bay, you'll be doing yourself a favor to schedule a demo ride with Jerry.